New Aftermarket Exhaust?

darkpyro6

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi to all, I'm new here but have been reading a lot. I have had my LS since i was 16 and enjoy not falling into the normal crowd around here that seems to be obsessed with little Honda hatches and the sort.

So I was looking around to see what all i could find for the LS, which has been normal occurrence for a while now wishing i could afford to do everything i wanted to my car, and I stumbled upon this http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/products/borla_chart/21.jpg which is what looks like a Borla kit coming out or already out. Correct me if I'm wrong but it interested me since I wanted to go with Borla when i can finally do what i want to my car.

Thanks for any input.

huh what is the question you are asking. but if your looking for a aftermarket cats for your LS, first lets start with year, and engine size of your LS. this will help us alot. and also what is the goal of your getting a new system, do you want to improve performance, exh sound or just plain looks. if you happen to have a GEN1 ls with the v8 most peaple her have gotten the magnaflow system and are very happy with them, i have both a gen1 and gen2 LS for my gen1 im also getting a magnaflow system for it i think it gives the gen1 10 -15 more HP and you can get them on ebay for 750 plus shipping or just go to our trusty LS CONCEPTS "click over here---------->

if you have a gen2 the stock system is already optimized and only look and sound can be improved to your liking but not performance.

borla has been around LOOONG time, I saw that kit when I first bought my car 3yrs ago

The borlas do improve performance a little on gen 2. I had them on there before I switched to flowmasters. I felt a difference. I still have them so if you're interested PM me

Buy some mufflers of your choice, some resonators of your choice and have someone weld it all up for you. Might I suggest Bassani mufflers and AeroTurbine resonators? :D

What do aeros do? More low end torque? Nicer sound?

$1200 for the Borla System is ridiculous. I'm running the Magnaflows with the resonators removed and love it. Sounds great and not loud at all.

wow. Thats insane.I got my borla set up for 500. If you're a gen 2 just get the mufflers and tips becase if you go with resonators you wont hear it at all and maybe replace the piping from the cats, I had borla and no resonator and it had a medium sound. If youre a gen 2 you dont need the replace the whole piping, you could just do mufflers. I also removed the mid mufflers or mid cat, I dont know what it was.

Has anyone ever just deleted the Mid muffler and threw some tips on? I wonder what it sounds like..

I think a few have done a resonator delete with stock mufflers. It loud but not as nice as aftermarket mufflers without resonators.One guy on here has x pipe slp resonators and muffler delete, it sounds really good too.I think thats a cheaper set p than going with mufflers

Alax7
what is the difference in sound between to Flowmasters and the Borla? Do you have any sound clips from either one?

I absolutely love my Borla Catback system on my LS been rolling with it for over 4 yrs now. I paid $750-800 I believe with shipping. Well worth the money great sound not hillbilly loud but not stock quiet.

Alax7
what is the difference in sound between to Flowmasters and the Borla? Do you have any sound clips from either one?

Sorry I didn't get one from the borla, I should've :slam . I thought it would be louder than mangaflows, but I guess not. Its louder than stock for sure. I didn't have an x piepe so maybe that would've helped. The borla sound was like the magna flow but a little more mellow.Flows are just muscle growl. I took off the resonators for the borlas and when I put the flows on I had to put the resonators bacl on two days after because it was to loud. I did like the performance improvement from the borla, I felt I lost a little going from borla to flows but I just like the sound of the flows better. I do have a clip of the flows. I will be putting in an x pipe soon so i'm being smart this time and getting some before and after clips

I'm running the Magnaflows with the resonators removed and love it. Sounds great and not loud at all.
Hehe, I put on Magnaflow mufflers and left the resonators on and it sounds great but I think it's too loud. Personal preferences :)

I absolutely love my Borla Catback system on my LS been rolling with it for over 4 yrs now. I paid $750-800 I believe with shipping. Well worth the money great sound not hillbilly loud but not stock quiet.

You wanna hear hillbilly loud? I'll take a clip of the exhaust on my 85 chev truck.

You wanna hear hillbilly loud? I'll take a clip of the exhaust on my 85 chev truck.

LOL, I'm thinking about putting cheapo Flowmasters on the Suburban, thing is quiet. Anything this big needs to have some sort of sound. The only noise I have is a loose heatshield I need to weld.. if I had a welder.

Members online

No members online now.
Back