new 2005 owner

stagefive

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just purchased my first LS. Its a white 2005 Sport V8 with everything but wood trim (which I dont like) and navigation. I've been driving it for about 5 days now and love it so far. I've liked these cars since I drove my uncles 2000 about 4 years ago. I've been debating on a new car for about a year now. Some other candidates were Lexus IS350, Pontiac GTO, BMW 3 series, and G35 sedan. Ulimately I decided on the Linclon because it is American made, has V8 power, great looks, great value, and resale. I've been researching the car for a while and I'm really shocked by the lack of aftermarket support. It looks like I'll be be picking up the KKM intake ,the SCT calibrator, and some 18's. But other than that it doesnt seem like there is much else out there.

Anyways I'm done with my rant. Its great to be an LS owner and a part of the forum. I look forward to some great conversatons with you all and hopefully I can learn alot while I'm here.

Welcome!

There is no aftermarket support. ZERO!

Go to: www.lskoncepts.com and talk to Ken Garrison. He has about all the available stuff that you will want. Hes a good guy to!

I have the KKM intake....its a great mod! It will pep up your car for sure. The SCT flasher is also another must have. With the intake and SCT you'll be at 300-310hp and your pretty much done at that point.

You can install the super turbo spinning exhaust extractor tips and get another 20hp if you like. But that about sums up the perf mods available.

stagefive said:
Its a white 2005 Sport V8 with everything but wood trim (which I dont like) and navigation.
I've been researching the car for a while and I'm really shocked by the lack of aftermarket support. It looks like I'll be be picking up the KKM intake ,the SCT calibrator, and some 18's. But other than that it doesnt seem like there is much else out there.
If it had wood trim, it would be an Ultimate, not a Sport.

Aftermarket on the '03-'06 LS is nearly non-existent. There's no aftermarket exhaust because the factory unit works really well--Magnaflow did testing on an LLSOC member's car, and they only extracted an extra ~5hp, so they abandoned the project. Too much money for too little return. There are mufflers that will alter the sound (and possibly add one or two HP), but the only real performance tweaks are, as you noted, the CAI and the XCal2. Part of the problem was that, until recently, nobody had cracked the PCM, so there was no way to alter the PCM for performance mods.

The LS seems to be taking on a big-time second wind in the used market with younger buyers, so this may change in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath for now. QuikLS's supercharger project is the only current major performance-oriented project of any stature at this time.

There are a few handling-type mods available--but hose are mainly lowering springs and brakes.

:W to :V :headbang:

Oh, yeah, watch out for Ken_Motz. We haven't figured out if someone left a laptop in the looney bin, or if his mother just didn't hold him enough as a baby, but he seems to be driven to seek out attention by posting outrageous threads. (Just kidding, Ken. :) )

He's right about Ken Garrison (GrayGhost1); the spinning tips, well, that's another story entirely... :D

thanks for all the great replies guys (and possibly girls). I'm excited to learn all I can about the car and will hopefully enjoy driving it for years to come. I would definitely be interested in any mods that improve handling. I'm already looking at going to an 18X8.5 rim with a 245 width tire which will help some but ultimately I would like stiffer sway bars which are obviously not avavilable.
Braking is also an interesting subject for me right now. I feel that the stockers are a bit mushly and lack initial bite. I'm hoping that I can put together an aftermarket rotor(non drilled)/pad combo that will solve this issue. Of course, I'm welcome to any suggestions.
I'm fairly happy with the performance now but wouldnt mind a bit more acceleration so the few engine mods available will hopefull live up to expectations.
Are any of you in the Las Vegas area? If so we should meet up and talk shop.

Ken Motz said:
....snip...
You can install the super turbo spinning exhaust extractor tips and get another 20hp if you like. But that about sums up the perf mods available.

Oh brother!

Nice ride and welcome to the forum Mr Vegas. Sounds like you have some good ideas for mods. Any questions ask away we have answered about every topic 12 times. Well good luck, see you around!

-Scott-

Members online

Back