New 2002 Lincoln LS owner with driver door control problems.

matt young

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello. I just purchased a 2002 lincoln LS sport from my best friend that was moving. He hadnt used the car in a year so i have been fixing all the problems it had when he parked it. I will try be descriptive as possible. The left front door regulator was broken and a dead battery were two of the problems. He disassembled the door and in doing so broke the small black connector on the drivers door module. I am a mechanic so putting the door back together with a new regulator and new connector was no problem. I then installed a new battery. After i had finished i noticed all the driver door controls and drivers power seat didnt work while it was running. It all works when the key is in the on position. I then checked the fuses and found the DDM fuse in passenger compartment blown. Replaced that and to my surprise it didnt fix the problem. I got the used connector that was broke with a used module on ebay. I tried that module and same thing. In driving the car ive noticed the windows will work every once in a while. Any of them. The seat, door locks and anything else associated with that door only work with key on not running. I do not have the wiring shcematics for this particular car so any help in any area would be greatly appreciated. Im very excited to add this car to my small collection of older cool cars and look forward to being part of this forum. Thanks.

Members online

Back