New 02 LSE

thebaum

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well several months ago my 02 LS' engine blew (I know that now after a long diagnostic period). I gave up on it and started looking for a new, newer car. While looking, I came across an 02 LS on craigslist for $800. I figured I should go ahead and take a look, maybe it could make due til I can find a new car.

Well, it ended up being an LSE with only 103k miles on it, so I figured I had to buy it. The nice thing is, I was able to use a lot of the parts from my old car. I ended up replacing a lot of internal cosmetic stuff and a lot of the usual stuff like window regulators and door latches, new battery. I also have a brand new set of COPs ready to put in when needed.

It runs like a dream. Im waiting for a DCCV, which I hope will fix the AC problem. It blows hot air all the time. I hope that is what it is. There is a hissing noise in the dash when the AC is on but I checked the refrigerant level (I only checked low side) and the level seemed to be okay. Besides the AC the only other thing I need to fix is the clockspring, which I never had to do on my old car.

Here are some pics of the new ride. Not bad for $800 IMG_20160914_173908.jpgIMG_20160922_073510.jpg

IMG_20160922_073510.jpg

IMG_20160914_173908.jpg

mine hissed and blew warm from all vents. I filled it with r-134a with stop leak and It's been ice cold ever since. as a caveat: follow all directions that come with the can. :)

mine hissed and blew warm from all vents. I filled it with r-134a with stop leak and It's been ice cold ever since. as a caveat: follow all directions that come with the can. :)

I hooked up a gauge to the low port side and the level was in the normal range. I know I probably to have it hooked up properly with gauges on both the high and low side. However, the air coming out is HOT not just uncooled. I am thinking this is the DCCV. I hope it is at least as I do not want to go chasing AC problems as I was told before it is a several thousand dollar job due to the expansion valve.

$800 for an LSE!? Nice!

What was wrong with it for the seller to be asking $800? Just cosmetic stuff, or something mechanical?

$800 for an LSE!? Nice!

What was wrong with it for the seller to be asking $800? Just cosmetic stuff, or something mechanical?

Not really anything mechanical. AC blows hot and clockspring is bad. Other than that it was just cosmetic. It was filthy. the passenger mirror was hanging, a couple windows were broken for who knows how long. but it cleaned up very nicely.

I couldn't pass for $800, especially with only 103k miles

Thats not bad at all. Some people really just don't know what they have, or don't appreciate the LS enough to maintain it/repair it. Congrats on the score.

Members online

No members online now.
Back