Never mind its a non issue

EBK

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I noticed this morning a rear brake light wasn't working however the message center said all tail lamps were OK. It is the Light located on the trunk lid so I pulled the bulb and it looked brand new. I Got a replacement and it still isn't working.

Testing the wires and that harness is constantly getting power regardless if the brake pedal is pressed or released. Yet it still does not light up. Anyone had a similar issue or is it off to a wiring shop for the fix?

All other brake lights and lights in general function as normal.

I searched but came up with nada, sorry if this has been discussed already.

UPDATE: non issue Need more sleep and not to tinker after a 16 hour shift.

They will always get power, they work off a ground switch IIRC. All brake lights do not work?

They will always get power, they work off a ground switch IIRC. All brake lights do not work?

All brake lights work with the exception of the one mounted in the passenger side of the trunk lid next to License plate with the LS badge on it. Even with a new bulb it does not light up however it is getting power, maybe the connector is bad?

Looking at some photos I took less than a week ago it is lit up, however I also have my lights on. Am I being tarded and that is a simple tail lamp and not a brake light?

The only brake lights are the third (above trunk) and the outer two rear lights. I believe the trunk lights use a 198 bulb which only has one filament and the brake bulbs will have two, one for lights and another when you depress the brake pedal.

The only brake lights are the third (above trunk) and the outer two rear lights. I believe the trunk lights use a 198 bulb which only has one filament and the brake bulbs will have two, one for lights and another when you depress the brake pedal.

Thanks for the info and I finally had someone who could hit the pedal for me While i looked at the lights and realized I was just being dumb the lights on the trunk lid next to the license plate are just tail lamps only the corners and the third light in rear window are brake lights. All are functioning properly.

The guy who told me it was out must have had some glare making it look like the driver side one was lit up also. Sorry to waste any ones time.

All good man... You should have been there when Hite wasted an hour of my time on something VERY similar the other say!!!!

Members online

Back