neon tail light not working.

Teccmoney

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I have searched this issue and have came up to 2 solutions. The glitch ballast or the dc45. The problem is that neither of them can be found at least I can't find them. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Note: the Glitch Ballast is less than half the weight of a stock ballast which will also allow the trunk lid to fully open -if it doesn't already

Fixed my 98 just by cleaning up the ground screw for the ballast on the back if the lense housing :)

ok here is the update i got my glitch ballast in and install was a breeze and the light is working fine but i have another problem now and it is the darn weather stripping on the neon light; mine is coming off. anyone else have this problem?

The thin strip on top?

If so i'd use some black adhesive (Permatex).

ok here is the update i got my glitch ballast in and install was a breeze and the light is working fine but i have another problem now and it is the darn weather stripping on the neon light; mine is coming off. anyone else have this problem?

When did you place your order? Good to hear you can still get these...

I am having intermittent problems with mine. Since it works most of the time, I figure the connections and housing probably need cleaning and dielectric grease. It is good to know that alternatives exist, since my luck with used electrical parts is dismal. Can't a reputable tech repair the old ones? Or is it cost prohibitive?

Check the wires that run along the trunk hinge.
Stock ballast will give intermittent problems before they fail, order a glitch while you still can.

That's me - sometimes goes for a week with all systems go, then one night it's gone. The ballast will have to wait, however, as my suspension bushings, door handle and blend door are first in line. It's that old fixed income deal, again. My wife has me on a busker's allowance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back