needs some advice on a Motorcraft tune up kit off ebay

MysticMac

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys i threw a cel and found water in my plug wells 4,5,6 on my 05 LS6. I used my shop vac and a straw with tape around it to suck the water out and no more misfiring and no CEL.

However, I would like to purchase a complete tuneup kit from ford but they quoted me 995 canadian just for the plugs and cops.
I found two tune up kits on ebay.

Here is the one i found to be shady.. I know there is supposed to be a product number on top of the actual COP it self and most will have a AD in it.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tune-Up-Kit-...ash=item2eec269936:g:3EAAAOxymmJTkcFq&vxp=mtr

Here is the one I found to be authentic due the picture they used (LOL) and the sellers feed back selling all different types of kits on his page.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Motorcraft-T...id=100170&rk=1&rkt=7&mehot=lo&sd=201102383117

Any help would be appreciated.

That actually seems like a good deal. The only thing I'm curious about is the warranty info on the coils. Both listings offer a 90 day exchange type deal after they test it. Motorcraft coils for these cars come with 2 year/unlimited miles warranties.

The 1st deal admits they are aftermarket coils.
None of this will resolve the water problem. You need to replace the wiper cowl seals (around where the wiper shafts go through). The "kit" for this is pretty cheap.

That actually seems like a good deal. The only thing I'm curious about is the warranty info on the coils. Both listings offer a 90 day exchange type deal after they test it. Motorcraft coils for these cars come with 2 year/unlimited miles warranties.

This was my thoughts as well. Plus, what are you supposed to do while its in the mail back to them and then however long it takes to test it and return mailing time. Would be smart to purchase at least 1 extra coil. Then if any go bad you'll have a replacement while you wait for the return.

But also, they specifically mention a one time replacement for the coils. Does that mean that you have only one time you can return a/any coils or will they replace each coil once? I'm sure its the first but I would still ask.

thanks guys . I will be buying that today.. i emailed the dealer he said that his page has only 1 left but he is a seller for motorcraft so he can make me up my own kit using my vin number..... Joegr do you know where i can get this kit from?

5W4Z-54021A46-A
Tasca, FordPartsGiant, ebay, ford dealers (full retail is $5), ...

A Canuck, eh? What you do is you find where a member named BigRig lives, then you wait for him to take one of his delivery trips to Atlanta GA. While he's gone, he has several LSs in his driveway. Take one for spares, he'll never notice it's gone.

^check his basement if you need some tail lights, too. Got about 6 sets at least. He won't notice for half a year

smiley-score001.gif

Just remember I now also have tow hook covers in stock!
upull.jpg

(Total 2.83 $) Ha! :cool:

upull.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back