Need thoughts on buying a Continental

white lincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a Lincoln Continental and I was wondering what your opinion was on the 1995 - 1997 models. I like these models because of the rear tail lights. This car will be for my wife. One question I have is did these years come with the pedal adjust button?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I like the 95-97 style very much myself. Reminds me of the Mark VIII. To answer your question regarding the adjustable pedals, to the best of my knowledge, no Continental ever came equipped with either standard or optional power adjustable pedals.

You can get one of these pretty cheap nowadays, but 98-02's are going for cheap as well. I expect that your wife won't abuse or pound the hell out of it, so it should be a strong, reliable car for under $6,000. They also have very good safety features, 00+ has side airbags standard.

If you are looking for adjustable pedals, you'll have to look to Panther vehicles such as the Town Car, Marauder, or CV/ Grand Marquis.

yeah the continental never came with that feture wich i didn,t understand my mom bought a 2004 turuse with a fetur like that but the lincoln couldn,t come with it lol

I have a 97 Conti and shes a real beauty the way I think of her is a cross between a mark VIII and a Town Car if I were you i'd pick one up I dunno if it's just me but in the past month i've seen way more 95-97s on the road.

Lincoln= Performance and Luxery at your fingertips

Thanks, this helps. I didn't think the Conti came with the adjustable pedals and mainly because the town car didn't offer them till 2000 (I think). I have a 95 Town Car and I enjoy it very much. The wife has my Cougar which she likes, but I think it has seen better years and needs to go. My last lincoln was an 89' Conti that was the lemon of lemons (89-91) and my wife won't even hear the word in the house, let alone from my mouth. This will be a hard sell.

Is the engine in the 95 Conti the same as the 95 Town car? I think I prefer the 95 to avoid the intake problem.

Does the 95 Conti have 4 air suspension bags or just two? Are they hard to replace or easy like the Town Car?

Thanks!

white lincoln said:
Thanks, this helps. I didn't think the Conti came with the adjustable pedals and mainly because the town car didn't offer them till 2000 (I think). I have a 95 Town Car and I enjoy it very much. The wife has my Cougar which she likes, but I think it has seen better years and needs to go. My last lincoln was an 89' Conti that was the lemon of lemons (89-91) and my wife won't even hear the word in the house, let alone from my mouth. This will be a hard sell.

Is the engine in the 95 Conti the same as the 95 Town car? I think I prefer the 95 to avoid the intake problem.

Does the 95 Conti have 4 air suspension bags or just two? Are they hard to replace or easy like the Town Car?

Thanks!
the lincoln town car has 16 vales and the continental has 32 vales. the 95 conti has 4 air suspension bags.

white lincoln said:

Thanks!

lets see...........the difference is a clear as the town car being a certain "wild horse" while the Conti is truly a "snake". If you don't get this, don't worry you soon will :Beer

Let’s see... A horse can be tamed and made docile and be faithful till the end.

A snake can be tamed, but will still bite you in the ass and are in no way faithful....

Did I get it right?

i say go for the 95 continental even a 96 97
you can get them in OHio for little as 2000 that need little work and 5000 with realy low miles i was lookiing in the papper there a dealler that got a good one that they certified 97 85,000 miles on it they selling it for 4600 dollars

I had to laugh that the TOYOTA dealer is trying to sell a 95 with 98k on it for, get this... $6800! I would offer 4k at the most. Bastards.

i might offer that for a97 but for a 95 no way not 6 somthing
for a 95 the most i would pay is like 5000 at the most
my 95 cost me 3,000 but i need a tranny rebuild but get this
my nabor owns the yoused lot i bought it from
he had like 5,000 dollars in work don to the car in over a 2 year period of driving it so i had no problem paying him 3,000 for the car
and then pay North Coast Tranmissions another 1,200 to rebuild the tranny thats a good price here every one wanted like 1500 or more but my nabore got me a good deal on it :)
so the only things that i realy need to fix is the ABS somthing is up with that
the SES light is on but it passed the Exheck so i don,t get that what could that be

white lincoln said:
Let’s see... A horse can be tamed and made docile and be faithful till the end.

A snake can be tamed, but will still bite you in the ass and are in no way faithful....

Did I get it right?

haha.......not exactly.

95 Towncar = 4.6 SOHC V8 215hp = 96-98 Mustang GT engine...."wild horse"

95 Conti = 4.6 DOHC V8 260hp= 96-98 Mustang Cobra engine( -30hp)........"a snake"

i guess it was a little confusing. So no, the engines are definitely not the same.

bigdog1279 said:
ihe only things that i realy need to fix is the ABS somthing is up with that the SES light is on but it passed the Exheck so i don,t get that what could that be

Check your ABS sensors. YOu can use an ohm meter to check them to see if they all read the same.

white lincoln said:
Dude, I don't mean to be disrespectful... but a rice burner?! :ricesmile :slam

:D.......what can i say. I like my cars just like my women...........lots of variety.

Members online

No members online now.
Back