Need suggestions

LunaEros

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have what I can only describe as a low pitched muffled rattle in the front of my 02 LS 3.9L. When I bought the car the guy told me he had the control arms and ball joints replaced at all four corners and gave me receipts for it.
It sounds like a bad bushing when you go over rough road or badly done manhole covers. It doesn't do it over smooth road. I've personally had the front lowers & ball joints, fronts struts and strut mounts now replaced with new trying to get rid of it and most of the rest of the suspension components look like they're in decent shape. What could cause that "bad bushing" noise normally and alternatively? Could engine or tranny mounts cause that kind of noise? The sway bar? Some kind of components mounted in the enginge compartment or inside the fenders? It's driving me nuts and I can't seem to find anyone knowledgeable enough to tell me definitively what it is.

Can anyone here give me suggestions on what might cause it? I'm sick of throwing money at it and crossing my fingers.

I replaced lower control arm bushings with new aftermarket and they clunked over bumps. Then replaced with OEM part and problem solved. Not saying this is your issue. I learned that not all parts are equal and sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Yup... many aftermarket parts for the LS fail in a miserably short time, or cause other problems.

That's why several long term members on this forum preach OEM only.

Members online

Back