Need some help.

95mark8newyork

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Not mark related but I cannot for the life of me find this part I need. When you pop the hood, there's supposed to be something to slide so you can open it. That hood release lever (if that's what its called) is missing, and to open the hood I gotta pull something behind the pony emblem. Does anyone know where I can find the actual piece you slide to open the hood? Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Its called the hood latch release, I'm not sure if the Stang uses the same one as a Mark, I know the Tbirds are the same as a Mark tho.

Its called the hood latch release, I'm not sure if the Stang uses the same one as a Mark, I know the Tbirds are the same as a Mark tho.

Lol thanks I couldn't figure out what it was really called. I'm gonna have to call up a junkyard and do some digging on ebay.

94 and 95 mustangs did not have the hood release slide like marks. Just that handle behind the pony emblem. They didn't change that til 96 I believe, after they actually put the honeycomb style grille in them. One more unique feature to 94-95 stangs.... lol

94 and 95 mustangs did not have the hood release slide like marks. Just that handle behind the pony emblem. They didn't change that til 96 I believe, after they actually put the honeycomb style grille in them. One more unique feature to 94-95 stangs.... lol

Haha no sh*t lol. I thought it was missing the whole time lol, so I guess putting a grille on is outta the question if the only way to open the hood is from behind the pony lol. Thanks man, that cleared a big confusion up for me lol

No prob. That little handle has a thin rubber coating on it correct? Just to the left lower area of the pony?

I pretty much have your cars twin except a 5 speed. And 236,000 miles. Lol

Here's mine now..

2011-09-17_12-34-27_677.jpg

2011-09-17_12-34-42_708.jpg

gt2010sbz.jpg

The day I brought mine home... geeze... about 7 and a half years ago...

DSCF0308.jpg

1007394_5_full.jpg

I bet the lever you are looking at is in this picture...

DSC06702.jpg

Here's mine now..

2011-09-17_12-34-27_677.jpg

2011-09-17_12-34-42_708.jpg

gt2010sbz.jpg

The day I brought mine home... geeze... about 7 and a half years ago...

DSCF0308.jpg

1007394_5_full.jpg

I bet the lever you are looking at is in this picture...

DSC06702.jpg

What size are those bullets? I bet you got 315s out back lmao.
Damn man that looks dope. My car looks 100% exactly like yours when yours was stock no lie haha. I'm gonna do a full length BBK Catted H Pipe, and a flowmaster american thunder catback (w/ flow 40s). What did you do to the car performance wise besides that cai I see under the hood lol. My cars getting a tune up now. Slotted rotors all around, akebono ceramic pads, ford racing 9mm blue spark plug wires, ngk iridium plugs, k&n air filter, royal purple oil filter, motorcraft fuel filter, and a new battery, all stuff to make it run better. My future mods hopefully will be, 70mm throttlebody, underdrive pulleys, 4.10s, performance automatic street/strip valve body, shorty headers, and maybe cams in the future. Long post I know, just cool to see another person on here with basically the same car lol

I'm gonna get bullitt wheels, i feel like cobra R's, saleens and fr500s are way too played out. Are those anthracrite?

The rear wheels are 17x10.5. Yes, they are 315/35-17 Nitto 555R's. Stock size 17x8 bullitts up front with stock sized 245/45r17's..... and as far as I can tell they are anthracite colored. However there are supposedly 2 different shades of this color.

3.73's, offroad H, single chamber flowmasters (sounds fuggin awesome with tailpipes!) Eibach sportline springs, koni adjustabe shocks/struts, MSD wires (better than ford racing's junk wires!) NGK V-power plugs (all these 5.0's need) MSD cap/rotor. Slotted rotors all the way around, and Hawk performance brake pads. 24# injectors/calibrated Pro-M MAF meter, MAC cold air intake, B&M Pro-ripper shifter, subframe connectors. That's it.

Although I do have a load of parts sitting in storage for it.... like a true factory '94 Cobra upper and lower intake, along with the '94 Cobra GT40 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, factory cobra valve covers, also BBK underdrive pullies, MAC headers, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, trick flow stage 1 cam w/ appropriate springs, 65mm Ford Racing throttlebody.

The rear wheels are 17x10.5. Yes, they are 315/35-17 Nitto 555R's. Stock size 17x8 bullitts up front with stock sized 245/45r17's..... and as far as I can tell they are anthracite colored. However there are supposedly 2 different shades of this color.

3.73's, offroad H, single chamber flowmasters (sounds fuggin awesome with tailpipes!) Eibach sportline springs, koni adjustabe shocks/struts, MSD wires (better than ford racing's junk wires!) NGK V-power plugs (all these 5.0's need) MSD cap/rotor. Slotted rotors all the way around, and Hawk performance brake pads. 24# injectors/calibrated Pro-M MAF meter, MAC cold air intake, B&M Pro-ripper shifter, subframe connectors. That's it.

Although I do have a load of parts sitting in storage for it.... like a true factory '94 Cobra upper and lower intake, along with the '94 Cobra GT40 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, factory cobra valve covers, also BBK underdrive pullies, MAC headers, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, trick flow stage 1 cam w/ appropriate springs, 65mm Ford Racing throttlebody.

Nice lol, I wish I could go with an offroad pipe here but I'd get pulled over in a heartbeat. I'm lookin at 17x9/17x10.5 black bullets, 255s in front, 315s out back, also nitto nt555s. I'm gonna use them as only as a summer set, how are the nittos in the rain? Sounds like a beast lol, I'll be doin similar stuff, not as much as you though. Just intake, tb, gears, full exhaust, ud pulleys, and maybe other stuff in the future idk. If those nittos are good in the rain ill just get the tire and rim set from american muscle, mounted and balanced and call it done lol.

Well I can't tell you how the 555's do in the rain, because I have the 555R drag radials. But any stalled auto with a shift kit/valvebody and a set of 4.10's will not be very good no matter what the tire. Lol

I also have a 95 Cobra double-R hood for mine that I need to find the time and paint.

I see in your sig you are going to put dumps on it...... don't. It sounds like trashy pickup. Cool for a drag car, and if you want your sh*t loud and annoying. I ran dumps for 3 years. I'm soo glad I switched back to tailpipes. I can actually hear myself think inside my car now.

I would like the black bullitts a lot more if the black wasn't soo shiney.

Well I can't tell you how the 555's do in the rain, because I have the 555R drag radials. But any stalled auto with a shift kit/valvebody and a set of 4.10's will not be very good no matter what the tire. Lol

Any drag radial in the rain spells disaster. I was stuck in a downpour with my Mickeys and I started hydroplaning at 55 mph. I let off and went 40mph the whole way home. My heart dropped out of my ass when the car started flying around like a kite.

I see in your sig you are going to put dumps on it...... don't. It sounds like trashy pickup. Cool for a drag car, and if you want your sh*t loud and annoying. I ran dumps for 3 years. I'm soo glad I switched back to tailpipes. I can actually hear myself think inside my car now.

Run full piping all the way back and get electronic cutouts if you want to "dump" the exhaust on the fly.

I also have a 95 Cobra double-R hood for mine that I need to find the time and paint.

I would like the black bullitts a lot more if the black wasn't soo shiney.

Ah ok lol. Yeah i plan on putting a 3000 rpm stall tc, either a shift kit or valve body and 4.10s, oh and I have no traction control either lol. I like the cobra R hood, but for now I'm leaving my stock one. I decided against the dumps, I'm gonna get the flowmaster AT catback w/super 44s and a bbk catted h. I like the tailpipes look too much anyway, and I really don't need to draw extra attention from cops lol. I'm probably gonna get the black bullitts, they have them in gloss black or matte black

Any drag radial in the rain spells disaster. I was stuck in a downpour with my Mickeys and I started hydroplaning at 55 mph. I let off and went 40mph the whole way home. My heart dropped out of my ass when the car started flying around like a kite.

Thats gotta be really scary

Run full piping all the way back and get electronic cutouts if you want to "dump" the exhaust on the fly.

My exhaust is gonna consist of BBK Ceramic Shorties (can't get longtubes, they won't fit on an automatic), full length BBK Catted H, and a full 2.5'' flowmaster catback. Cutouts would be cool to do, I'm gonna look around and see how people did them.

When my Nitto's had some life left in them, the did better in the rain than my 245 fuzion HR's. I think mostly because of the contact patch. Once they got more wear.... it was a 20mph car. LOL

Electronic cut outs are eeeeeexxxxpensive!! Plus id hate to hack on your brand new exhaust parts if I were you.

When my Nitto's had some life left in them, the did better in the rain than my 245 fuzion HR's. I think mostly because of the contact patch. Once they got more wear.... it was a 20mph car. LOL

Electronic cut outs are eeeeeexxxxpensive!! Plus id hate to hack on your brand new exhaust parts if I were you.

Lol. I'm gonna go with 17x9 black fr500s all around, 245/45/17 up front, 275/40/17 - same tire height as stock so there won't be a big wheel gap. The only way I'd do cut outs is if I had alotta mods done, not just bolt ons. I can't wait till my 90 day warrantee's up so I can get the catback and midpipe!

You'll love the 10.5" wheels with the lip in back..... you'll put those 17x9's on the back and be like "mehh, needs more dish" they won't come out to the edge of the fenders like you'll want em to.

Lol..... you kill me.

You seriously can't get rid of that car.... its too damn nice

Lovin' the Cobra! :cool: What does it run in the 1/4?

too damn slow, hence why i was looking to get rid of it, but as jesse said, its too damn nice to get rid of. it looked awesome on my car trailer when I was towing it home over the weekend too... oh and I am too cheap to buy something without being able to pay for it in full....

Members online

No members online now.
Back