need some help

Sven03

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1980 lincoln town coupe and my driver side window was rolled down and then when I tried to roll it back up the motor died. Does anyone know how I can get this window back up while I am waiting for the new motor.

I don't know about the older ones but the newer ones have a protect function where if strained they cut power to the window for a bit. Try and shut the car off then wait a min turn it on and have someone try and pull the window up or press against and up on it while you try to raise it with the switch. May give it enough of a boost to be able to raise up. I have also had the interior weather stripping of reinforced by metal wrap around bend itself somehow into the way of the window and halt or strain it 1/2 way to closing.

Is the window up at all? A similar thing has happened to me before, you could try taking the door panel off and lightly tap the window motor while pressing on the switch, It worked for me.

got it

I went outside and just on the off chance tried to roll it up using the switch and it worked..I don't really unbderstand it but hey I am not going to complain.

Members online

No members online now.
Back