Need some help with traction control

LovehateLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry if a thread like this exist already but I didn't see one. My traction control button doesn't do anything all of a sudden. Nothing in the display when I press it no chime saying it's on or off. The actual traction control itself is deff still working because I just drove it while it was damp out and it kicked right in while giving it some decent gas around a corner but while it's kicking in the dash isn't lighting up at all showing the icon that it's kicking in. Display says traction control is fine when you run the check on the info center. 2005 LS v8. Thanks for any help

So, this is traction control and not AdvanceTrac? (I don't think that really matters in this case.)

I think that from your symptoms, it is most likely that your traction control switch itself has failed.
You can get to it by pulling straight up on the cup holder assembly. You may have to pry it around the edges (use a plastic pry tool). Be careful not to damage the parking brake switch.

So, this is traction control and not AdvanceTrac? (I don't think that really matters in this case.)

I think that from your symptoms, it is most likely that your traction control switch itself has failed.
You can get to it by pulling straight up on the cup holder assembly. You may have to pry it around the edges (use a plastic pry tool). Be careful not to damage the parking brake switch.
I suspected that was most likely the issue since everything else seems to be fine. Already pulled her out and have another ordered. Thank you for the help Sir

Members online

No members online now.
Back