Need Some Help Identifing

De-marko

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I picked up this Lincoln hubcap today at a swap meet basically for garage wall decoration fodder. I've looked on line to see what year this would have come from. The seller had know idea. It looks like maybe late 60's or early 70's. What do you guys think?

cap 1.jpg

cap 2.jpg

I'm no expert, but I would venture to say I believe they look pre-1970. I could be wrong, but I know my 1972 Mark IV has a "thin" Lincoln emblem similar to whats on the Mark VIII's. I know some of the full-size Continentals used the "fat" emblem like what you've got a little longer, and I know some hubcaps that were used on early-80's Lincolns looked "older" than they actually were as well. This is all off the top of my head, and I'm just guessing. There's a website I've been on before that sells OEM-style wheels and hubcaps for older cars. That would be a good resource right now. I'll try to look them up.

I couldn't find that website I was talking about, but I did a Google image search for Lincoln hubcaps, and saw somewhat similar hubcaps from the early 60's and early 70's, but the early 60's hubcaps looked more similar to what you've got. Then, I found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1960-Lincoln-HUBCAP-Wheel-Cover-15-/300698508094

It looks VERY similar to yours, and the seller claims it's off a 1960 Lincoln, most likely a 1960 Continental Mark V (the last year before they went to the infamous suicide door Continentals of the 60's). Anyway, hope this helps.

EDIT:
Here's a pic of a 1960 Mark V sporting those hubcaps
lincoln-continental-mark-v-convertible.2000x1339.Dec-29-2011_21.42.53.370680.jpg

Wow Maverick! Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate it! Yes, I would have to agree they look simliar if not dead ringer for what I have according to the picture. I was on yahoo images looking up years but never went that far back. Cool, at least I know Thanks again. :Beer

No problem, man! Glad I could help a fellow member. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to find anything either, but I thought I'd at least give it a good effort.

Members online

No members online now.
Back