Need Rear Sport Shocks

nastynaters

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been looking everywhere for rear sport shocks for my 01 v6 sport. Have the fronts which were easy to find...but the rears have been impossible. I appreciate any help I can get, thanks.

I went through this in the last month it so. All rear sport shocks have been discontinued. I would be very surprised if you can find any. I ended up with sport shocks in the front and standard shocks in the rear (all motorcraft). If you absolutely have to have sporty shocks, the only option that I am aware of is getting stance coilovers at ~3 times the price of motorcraft shocks. I think that the general consensus on other aftermarket shocks (KYB, Monroe, etc.) is that they are junk.

Best of luck.

Yeaa I've tried ordering through various online dealers only to be emailed that they aren't actually in stock. I did contact one today and asked if they could source them for me..so hopefully I hear back soon. But thanks for the replies. Happy Thanksgiving

What about Bilstein B6 HD rear shock for the Jaguar S-type V8 Sport model? I have read there is a issue with the lower OD of the spring preach with the fronts, but what about the rears? Don't the rears bolt-in? As far as the fronts, I suppose you can order a set of factory Jaguar S-type V8 Sport front springs (to maintain stock ride height) to work with the front Bilsteins.

What about Bilstein B6 HD rear shock for the Jaguar S-type V8 Sport model? I have read there is a issue with the lower OD of the spring preach with the fronts, but what about the rears? Don't the rears bolt-in? As far as the fronts, I suppose you can order a set of factory Jaguar S-type V8 Sport front springs (to maintain stock ride height) to work with the front Bilsteins.

I'm not too familiar with the bilstein setup for the jags...would anyone with more info on this be able to confirm if the rear shocks bolt right in? I did search but haven't found any definitive answer yet.

And also, does anybody know the difference in firmness? I'd like to use the oem fronts that I have, but would be hesitant if the bilsteins won't match the ride.

Wow..I think I found the last 2 rear sport shocks in the country. After a handful of phonecalls I finally located 2 dealers..each with 1 shock. And they were on opposite sides of the country. Glad I can go the oem route now..much easier. Thanks for all the replies everyone.

It's shocking that they are no longer carrying them! Especially Rock Autoparts!

The problem is that they are no longer being manufactured. Ford has an obligation to supply replacement parts for up to 7 years after the vehicle's production ends. Then you are on your own with the aftermarket suppliers as they see fit based on demand.

Yup and after 4 different part # revisions there could still be some floating around..who knows

the problem is with such a low selling car, made for such a short period of time, and not using a whole lot of shared parts with many other cars is just the receipt for impossible to get parts after a while. and hell were pretty much at the point where the newest LS was still build a decade ago.

Well. I got f***** over. Ordered both shocks from 2 different dealers, the last 2 shown in stock in the country. Got the first, all was well. The other I received was in a correctly marked box, though the shock inside was nowhere near correct. They are paying for return shipping and all, but now I'm stuck here with 3 motorcraft shocks and no source the the 4th. Can't even return the others. In my mind, this 1 dealer just screwed me over for about $200.
Anyway, I guess I just wanted to share my frustration. And if somehow anybody has 1 spare rear sport shock laying around, lemme know. Guess I should start contemplating other options for shocks.

That sucks, and I feel your pain. I did a complete suspension replace just a few months ago and very nearly had the same thing happen to me. As it looks like the sport shocks are now a thing of legend, I think that the only option now for people who want a sport suspension but can't afford the Stance coilovers is the Bilstein conversion.

Yea. All cuz the parts dept. didn't do their job. Somebody must have switched the part out and it was never checked.

Does anyone by chance know of any shock that would pair fine with 3 other sport shocks? And if not, I may be looking to sell 3 sport shocks..lol. as hard as that may be

Members online

Back