Need parts? Pick and pull opportunity

FALECF4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Found a place with 3 LS's being parted out. Just wanted to throw this up to see if anyone needed any parts or pieces pulled? I am going to get a number of things myself and I figure if anyone else needs something I can grab it and maybe get a better deal from the guy for buying more. I'd do it for cost plus shipping and if one was inclined to throw a few extra bucks my way it would be appreciated but I do enjoy wrenching. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.

FYI, the place is about an hour away from me so I'd try to make a day of it.

Are the lug nuts in decent shape? Mine is an '06, not sure if theyre different on gen 1's

Are the lug nuts in decent shape? Mine is an '06, not sure if theyre different on gen 1's

Not sure, haven't actually seen the cars yet. They are an hour away from me but I can always call the guy and ask. I know a few years ago one of the forum members discovered that Sebring lugs fit the LS and I believe they were chrome.

Found a place with 3 LS's being parted out. Just wanted to throw this up to see if anyone needed any parts or pieces pulled? I am going to get a number of things myself and I figure if anyone else needs something I can grab it and maybe get a better deal from the guy for buying more. I'd do it for cost plus shipping and if one was inclined to throw a few extra bucks my way it would be appreciated but I do enjoy wrenching. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.

FYI, the place is about an hour away from me so I'd try to make a day of it.

If there is a 2nd gen I REALLY need the trim cover from the front doors that covers the two bolts "behind" the door pull. I don't know the actual name but here's a pic...

P1000929.jpg
P1000932.jpg

P1000929.jpg

P1000932.jpg

LOL ^^^^ Same here, Just realized my cover is missing on the Driver's side!

honestly, I would never use used LS lug nuts, they may look fine but the chrome cover could be close to/or already slipping...

honestly, I would never use used LS lug nuts, they may look fine but the chrome cover could be close to/or already slipping...

I don't think I'd ever use new standard nuts

If I can't find those door parts for you guys it might give me a good reason to start attempting to make parts again. Even though I'm sure you can probably buy them if you really wanted to.

If I can't find those door parts for you guys it might give me a good reason to start attempting to make parts again. Even though I'm sure you can probably buy them if you really wanted to.

That "cover" I need isn't available ANYWHERE!!

So.... how big of a part can you make?

When I was doing this a few years ago I was making emblems and had planned on making a custom grille and rear surround. I haven't done this in a few years and my technique still needs work but I still have the product to make molds and cast some plastic pieces.

Here is my thread for the emblems I was working on back in 2011. I got it to a point but then just stopped because I had too much other stuff going on.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?73882-EMBLEMS-(custom)&highlight=

With a living hinge?

I don't think I'd be able to hit the tolerances needed for that. I also don't know if I would have access to the right kind of plastic. Typically parts like that are injection molded or extruded using two types of plastic.

Last edited:
With a living hinge?

now you're asking a lot... lol

If I was missing one, I would settle for one that looked rigt and just stayed plugged in... wouldn't bother me a bit if it was a separate part that came loose if needing to be dissembled.

When I was doing this a few years ago I was making emblems and had planned on making a custom grille and rear surround. I haven't done this in a few years and my technique still needs work but I still have the product to make molds and cast some plastic pieces.

Here is my thread for the emblems I was working on back in 2011. I got it to a point but then just stopped because I had too much other stuff going on.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?73882-EMBLEMS-(custom)&highlight=

my emblem thread

You mixed up the fields

Anyway, cool stuff. I think there's some market for clear corner lenses and 2-tone Gen 1 trunk tail lights (or even just all-clear). I can just about guarantee two sales of the lights. I also have an emblem idea... keep us updated!

my emblem thread

You mixed up the fields

Anyway, cool stuff. I think there's some market for clear corner lenses and 2-tone Gen 1 trunk tail lights (or even just all-clear). I can just about guarantee two sales of the lights. I also have an emblem idea... keep us updated!

I love new ideas so you can drop the emblem idea any time. This stuff can get pretty expensive pretty fast for large parts so unless I'm doing it for myself anyway I would probably need a certain number of orders for larger parts but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Members online

Back