Need New Brake Rotors....

Gottie

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just went to get my brakes checked and they said i needed some new rotors. I'm going to take this opportunity to upgrade to drilled brake rotors. What kind do you guys have and what do you recommend?:confused:

You may want to do some independent research on drilled brake rotors. For the track, they are fine. For the street, not needed. And often they wear out your pads faster and you may find increased noise when braking.
I replaced my pads and rotors with the OEM Motorcraft. Works perfectly for me.

Not saying that any items on Fee-Bay are rip-offs, but there was a topic on a New Brake Kit a month or two ago.

It's the same price for the above ebay item, but comes with ALOT more. Plus, looks like better quality.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=46171&highlight=brake+package

This WILL be the next "project" that my LS will get... Of course the higher power (The Wife) has to sign off on it.;)

i have one but i keep my balls instead of handing them over to her

I went with the EBC products, including front and rear rotors, and ceramic..."red stuff" I think...pads.
Superb braking, even if there is a bit of noise from them...they are not drilled, they are dimpled, and slotted.
As far as braking goes, and what you need, or dont need for the street or track, everyone is different, and I actuall warped a rotor on my LS, which is common for me.
Also, due to this, and due to having to replace 2 sets of oe rotors on my F-150, I will never use factory Ford brake parts again.

Get the ones NickLS linked to. zinc coated, so no rusting. Painted centers. stoptech stainless steel brake lines. Ceramic or semi-metallic ext. wear pads. For 350 shipped.

Tough to beat that. I have them installed. One of the best purchases I've made for the LS.

The Brembo replacement rotors are all you need for this car.

I have the EBC rotors and red stuff pads.... they have squealed horribly for around 50% of the time I've had them on but they stop well and have little dust. Knowing what I do now I'd have bought the redstuff pads and some regular rotors instead of the slotted rotors. "Airplane Noise" I can handle, squealing is why I replaced them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back