need motor

CLYDE91

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
looking for a 302, dont care much on milage if the price is right, im gonna rebuild it, i know i can use ebay but i just dont trust some people, i have more faith in someone that has as much passion for the cars as i do, not just trying to dump an oversized paperweight on me, like i said if price and location are right i dont care if its got 200,000 mi on it, long as it still runs and there werent any major problems with it,

I have a 1988 mustang (same motor) $650.00 with 5 speed (my mk VII has a 5 spd man) call me at night 617-489-1766

tdaxon said:
I have a 1988 mustang (same motor) $650.00 with 5 speed (my mk VII has a 5 spd man) call me at night 617-489-1766
if your willing to seperate them, mines got an auto and im not looking to change it

Jibit said:
I may have one but how soon do you need it?
sometime shortly after the weather breaks preferably, but its also gonna depend on when i can find a garage to rent, so basically end of march begining of april preferably

well, keep me in mind cause I've been thinking of parting my old MarkVII to build up my other MarkVII.

Jibit said:
well, keep me in mind cause I've been thinking of parting my old MarkVII to build up my other MarkVII.
Whats the miles? your probly still driving it i know but a rough idea, and how much are you thinkin for it?

CLYDE91 said:
Whats the miles? your probly still driving it i know but a rough idea, and how much are you thinkin for it?

I've got two complete Mark VII's, I'm not driving either. One has 160K and the other has around 80K. Both run, don't leak or burn oil. I'm planning on getting rid of both engines (unless I decide to stroke to a 347) because I want to put a supercharged 351 in one of them.

Jibit said:
One has 160K and the other has around 80K. Both run, don't leak or burn oil.
whatta you think would be a fair price? id take either one, i was going to buy one with 83k from a bone yard but the guys being a real a$$ about it, i asked him if hes guarantee it against any major defect, severe pitting, cracks, detonation he come back to me with i need to buy a new motor not a used one. some people, i was gonna give him 400 for the motor and shipping, anything around there is gonna seal the deal, ill help you pull it and all. i also got my aunts permission to use her garage in cicero so im set whenever you decide if you want to sell one

CLYDE91 said:
i was gonna give him 400 for the motor and shipping, anything around there is gonna seal the deal, ill help you pull it and all. i also got my aunts permission to use her garage in cicero so im set whenever you decide if you want to sell one

hell, I wasn't expecting that much! We would have to do it by my place though just because I would have to tow the car back to my place after we remove the engine.

Jibit said:
hell, I wasn't expecting that much! We would have to do it by my place though just because I would have to tow the car back to my place after we remove the engine.
see, thats why i was looking hear first i knew there were honest people somewhere, so yea im still not sure whats a fair price, is 250 good? doing the pull at your place is fine, i understand its a LOT easyer to move a motor then a car, i can get a pick up somewhere or just lay a tarp in the back of my moms escape, so whenever your ready, just let me know a bout 2 weeks ahead of time so i can work out my work schedual.

I'd like to wait until the weather gets a little better ;) but just let me know and we can arrange something.

Jibit said:
I'd like to wait until the weather gets a little better ;) but just let me know and we can arrange something.
well yea thats fine, im looking to change jobs anyway and that would free up a bit of my time not being a manager anymore, and it seems like the weather might be improving although id wait 10 minates because you never know here, waitings no problem, i guess im just excited to get the car back up and running plus im trying to kinda lock a price or a rough idea so i know what the rest of my parts budget is, but i was thinking maybe this is best continued in a PM i think we may be abusing the forum a bit

CLYDE91 said:
but i was thinking maybe this is best continued in a PM i think we may be abusing the forum a bit

Oh come one, abusing the forum is fun!!! :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back