Need info on HVAC for 91 cadillac eldorado..Help..it,s getting f*ing hot out here!

bobs 91 eldorado

LVC Member
Reaction score
Error mesage stating low on a/c and a/c pump has been shut off..

I understand this will automatically happen if there isn,t enough freon in the system..

I had to swap to the 134.which was no big deal...

Unfortunately the freon was not being drawn into the system,no matter how long i tried,and the air in the cabi of the car was blowing hot!{not super hot,but hot enough,..}

Now I realize there might be a weak seal,but the freon should still pass into the system to charge it,and this is not happening at all..

I was waiting for the fan clutch to engage,especially with the engine running as long as it did,basically the fan came on after I tried to stop recharging the system..{at least the fan WAS working!}maybe it just took forever for my 190 degree thermostat to open...

I checked all pertinent fuses and all is well..

I,m confused.. Does anyone have a simple to understand wiring diagram or better yet,does someone have an practical experience at this.?

Also.. I looking for a black drivers side interior door panel and a black center console cover.....

Thanks for any help given..

Bob

well.. by process of elimination.. I had to buy the r-134 conversion kit,because the old owner lied to me about it already being converted...So that was a tall can of refridgerant wasted..

I evacuated all the lines.. but the new adapters on.. checked the wiring around and above the condenser and compressor...no visiable issues..

I then put the line{with built in gauge} on the adapter,and made sure the car was running with the temp set to the lowest setting for the a/c...

The bitch didn,t even draw in 1oz of the refridgerant...

I can see by the multiple views,and no comments that others seem to have the same problems with no simular answers...

Does anyone know what might be wrong with this car before i douse it with gas and throw a match on it???

Is there anything i need to do to the compressor or condenser??{some kind of oil or something that needs to be drained or added{even though the new refridgerant has oil already in it?}

Stll getting the same error messages:

low on refrigerant and power to compressor - a/c is off.

thanks,

bob

yes... problem still not resolved. possible I need to draw the 134 thru the lines as just attaching a line and letting the new freon be drawn in is not working.

Members online

Back