Need ID on a couple of door/ electrical parts

KJC

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello... first post on this site. Just recently picked up a 96 Mark8 with low miles for a good price. After chasing an overheating issue I'm now working on the doors and some electrical issues. Both door handles were broken along with door panels falling off and some hanging wires. Really like this car but its been abused.

Got the door handles fixed today along with a broken window regulator. Lubed up both latches and pulled the plunger switches. Cleaned and lubed them. Also repaired and busted up drivers door panel.

While working on the doors found two small sensors hanging inside the doors. Looks like the were attached to the lock cylinders. See pic attached. Does anyone know the function of this part, where i could get a couple and is it causing the "door ajar" warning.

Read up on this site and others regarding the "door ajar" warning. For the last month I have been spraying penetrating oil with no results.

Tomorrow I'm going to to try to get the key less entry working but thinking there may be an issue if the car thinks the doors are already open.
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back