Need Help!!!

fastcobra1982

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok i just bought me a new mark today. It is a 1996 and runs great, but i have this weird thing going on. First my air ride compressor is not kicking on and the car is slammed, so that is the first. Ihave checked all fuses and everything is good. Is there a way to bypass and fill the bags jsut for testing???

Second, my radio, message center, and fuel gauge is not working right. The fuel gauge is at the 12 past the full mark, the message center does nothing, and the radio as well. I will be checking the wiring, but all the fuses are good. i can not even get it to turn on, or my 10 disk to eject.

I really need help with this cause this is going to be my daily and i need it on the road asap.

Tell me what wiring diagrams you need and I'll look them up on Alldata for you. Other than that all I can say is make sure all the fuses in the eng. compartment are good too.

Fuel level sensor probably bad, replace basket assembly, buy another radio-stock sucks, check voltage at the compressor

The previous owner said he just changed the fuel pump. I saw on another thread here that someone else was having the same exact issue. I asked if he ever got it resolved, i do like these cars and am very excited to get i t on the road.

Just because it was replaced, doesn't mean it was done correctly

Ask P.O. if it worked before he swapped pumps, or if it quit after the install.

Ok after A LOT of wire checking and looking at diagrams i am tired of seeing wires and lines...lol

Anyways this is what i have found, the radio, message center, and fuel guage wasnt getting power. For :q:q:q:qs and giggles i took and jumpered 12 volts to the acc on the radio side and holy :q:q:q:q it all worked. So tracing the white and purple back i found a broken wire it looks like some how it got ripped under the dash, anyways long story short its fixed. Now i am still having a issue with the air ride. i like how low it sits maybe a inch or two higher, and WAY less bounce and i would be happy. I can hear a click after about 30 secs and then my message center says air ride malfunction or something like that. Any tips on what else i need to check??

Do a coil conversion and be done with it, or spend a $1000 buy new compressor, new compressor relay and front and rear bag assemblies

Or coil conversion for a cost of $250 cheap parts and up from there for better parts, or goto junkyard get 89-97 Tbird or cougar rear coils and front spring/shock assemblies

Eddie at American air suspension will send you down correct path either way

my radio, message center, and fuel gauge is not working right. The fuel gauge is at the 12 past the full mark, the message center does nothing, and the radio as well.

I had that same issue with that stuff not working. Mine decided to suddenly go out, then i noticed a small bit of burning electrical smell and smoke coming from the dash about 10min after. The fuse for those accessories was blown yet it was still smoking. So i just disconnected the battery (i was leaving town for 2 weeks that same day) reconnected it and replaced the fuse when i got back. It has worked fine for well over a year and has never presented the issue again. I don't have any idea what caused the problem or the smoke :eek: and now carry a fire extinguisher in the lincoln just in case.

Your Air Ride is worth keeping! Go here as they have a tech section for self help.

http://www.americanairsuspension.com/

If the bags are empty it will take about 3 key cycles to get the bags full. It is SOP for the check suspension light to come on after 90 seconds if the car is not lifted to the park position.

Members online

No members online now.
Back