Need help!!!!!!!!!!

00V8LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
To make the story short this is what I did:
Replaced battery with a newone,
replaced alternator with a newone also and the "check charging system light" still lights up specially at night. Anybody has any idea what can be causing this? If I don't solve the problem soon I'm trading in the LS, I'm tired of having car problems.

I don't want you to think I'm being rude here....but you've just spent what...$250 trying to fix your car yourself and still have the issue? If you don't have the proper equipment and tools to diagnose an electrical issue, take it to someone who does and has a good reputation. Find out what the problem is and fix it right the first time.

2001LS8Sport said:
I don't want you to think I'm being rude here....but you've just spent what...$250 trying to fix your car yourself and still have the issue? If you don't have the proper equipment and tools to diagnose an electrical issue, take it to someone who does and has a good reputation. Find out what the problem is and fix it right the first time.

I did, but the computer diagnostic revealed no codes. My mechanic put a volt meter when the car was running and it read 14.4 volts.

Are you certain the "check charging system" warning is valid? If it's telling you that at the same time you hook a voltmeter to the battery terminals, and your voltage is 14.4...then you don't have a charging issue..you have something sending incorrect info to your display

00V8LS said:
I did, but the computer diagnostic revealed no codes. My mechanic put a volt meter when the car was running and it read 14.4 volts.

Shoot your mechanic.

00V8LS said:

Wow. And your mechanic calls that a proper diagnosis??? That isn't even close. Before you ever check a thing, you clean the battery terminals and completely charge the battery. Then you can start your tests. Voltage is only part of it. What was the amperage? At what rpm, load, etc. Believe me, he hasn't even begun to test your electrical system. It's entirely possible that your charging system is just fine and the indicator is faulty. In my opinion, he has a lot more work to do...and in fact, he probably doesn't know what and how to check it. Find someone else.

Members online

No members online now.
Back