Need help

Benjaminws

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so I've replaced throttle body, got a brand new PCM...car ran fine for about a week or 2, started the car, it automatically revd to about 4000 rpms, all the dash sensors lit up, check engine light came on, engine started shaking, fail safe mode activated, push on the gas pedal got 0 response, all these codes came up, my question is do need new coils, or is it something more major?

20180525_162159.jpg

It would have been easier if you would have left this on the other thread you started. I don't know how many will be willing to search for it.
O2 sensors???

Is this really a new PCM, or is it the $170 one?

Did you replace all the coils and plugs before putting in the "new" PCM?
Did you use new Motorcraft coils?
Was the replacement throttle body new or used?

Was the car problem free before all this started?

Sorry my bad, new to this stuff...PCM was brand from Ford dealership, I wanna say $500, they replaced the #3,4 and 8 coils with motorcraft, throttle body was brand new, this all happened prior to taking it to Ford, car ran perfect for about 2 week after getting it back from Ford, then this all happen again

Drove fine, then all the stuff I mentioned before happened, took it to Ford got all the stuff done, forgot to mention that all O2 sensors were replaced, after all the new stuff was installed, drove for 2 week perfectly then all the stuff I mentioned above happened

What is your battery voltage with the engine off?
What is the battery voltage with the engine running?
(Measure both the DC and the AC voltage with the engine running.)

Would low voltage make this stuff happen? Asked my buddy to check it and he said the voltage is fine because the car starts, is he wrong?

Would low voltage make this stuff happen?

long story short, if a computer doesn't have enough power for itself to run, then said computer usually sh!ts the bed

Asked my buddy to check it and he said the voltage is fine because the car starts, is he wrong?

yes, that is a moron's answer...

some reasons why that that is a stupid thing to say to avoid less than 3 minutes of actually testing

it is possible for a battery to have enough power to start a car, but be a bad enough battery that it can be ever stressing the alternator. sooner or later you lose BOTH the battery and alt (which may or may not cause problems with computers)

a battery could have enough power to start a car, but it could be over charged because the alternator is failing. having a over voltage problem is just as bad for computers as not having enough power. if your alt was sending out too much voltage, it easily could have fried your brand new PCM (likely in the same way as your old PCM)

another long story short, if your going to come on to a forum and ask for help from people, then when people ask you to run very specific test, then you really should just run the test and give the results regardless of what your friends think. Unless of course your friend is smart enough to fix your problem for you, then by all means, ignore every one else but him. however I have a sneaking suspension that he is not capable of figuring this problem out.

long story short, if a computer doesn't have enough power for itself to run, then said computer usually sh!ts the bed

yes, that is a moron's answer...

some reasons why that that is a stupid thing to say to avoid less than 3 minutes of actually testing

it is possible for a battery to have enough power to start a car, but be a bad enough battery that it can be ever stressing the alternator. sooner or later you lose BOTH the battery and alt (which may or may not cause problems with computers)

a battery could have enough power to start a car, but it could be over charged because the alternator is failing. having a over voltage problem is just as bad for computers as not having enough power. if your alt was sending out too much voltage, it easily could have fried your brand new PCM (likely in the same way as your old PCM)

another long story short, if your going to come on to a forum and ask for help from people, then when people ask you to run very specific test, then you really should just run the test and give the results regardless of what your friends think. Unless of course your friend is smart enough to fix your problem for you, then by all means, ignore every one else but him. however I have a sneaking suspension that he is not capable of figuring this problem out.

Thank you so much for these answers, this is what I've been wanting to know...could a bad battery, with low voltage fry the NEW PCM?...and apologies for all the mix ups I'm brand new to all this forum stuff

Members online

No members online now.
Back