Need Help with '01 LS Subs, Speakers & Radio

mccubbincole

New LVC Member
Reaction score
First, Im buying a set of 10 inch subs and im just going to set them in my trunk, but i need help on how to install them in my car wiring wise.

Second, i need new speakers, anyone have any for sale/know what or where i should buy and how to install

Third, I need a new radio, one with a usb cord to play iPod or other devices, what kind is best for my car

Note:
Its a 2001 Lincoln LS V8
Im not good when it comes to cars, know some, but nothing past a high school class knowledge.

Thanks

speakers I would recommend infinity kappas for the door speakers and as far as a head unit I would go with a double din nav unit it all depends on your budget if you have a ipone or android phone the pioneer app radio 2 is great.

speakers I would recommend infinity kappas for the door speakers and as far as a head unit I would go with a double din nav unit it all depends on your budget if you have a ipone or android phone the pioneer app radio 2 is great.

Thanks! I dont think i can afford that $300 - $500 radio though. But ill look around! And why do you recommend the infinity kappas?

Why do you recommend those speakers? And any idea where i can get one of those radios cheap? I cant afford $300 - $500 when i can just buy 20 CD's

i recommend alpine speakers (why? because of how they sound)

i also like alpine subs, instead of getting a pair of subs, just get one good quality sub, it will cost the same, take up less space, and sound better.

for a radio, might as well go alpine there too.

for a good basic sounding system, two pair of Type S 5x7/6x8's, one Type S sub, and either mono amp or a 5ch to spice it up little, and an alpine deck with whatever features you need.

step up from the last option, get all Type R stuff and a PDX amp.

Well ive already got the subs, cost me $50 so it was a good deal, but thank you for the help!

Those are all good suggestions--Alpine is great-used to sell them. A lot of the entry level speakers are pretty much the same with a poly cone and soft dome tweeter. A decent 5 channel amp would be good for a starter system, or you can get a sub amp and run the door speakers off the deck. The best part about the LS for installing a system, is the battery is in the trunk so you don't have run a power wire through the firewall. Any CD player will work with your car. You will just need the correct harness to help wire everything in.

I know said you can't afford a $300 radio....but if you can, I would highly suggest the Pioneer AVH-4500BT. I absolutely love mine.

while i do like pioneers new units, i would step down a model, and get the 3500BHS. having a little less screen is a good trade off for having fewer things to break. motorized faces are by far the most common thing to go bad on any mobile video/nav system.

Hehe ... but you own an LS.

How's your coils ?

I hope good cause he will be auctioning off that sound system, to pay for the replacement coils if he haven't invested money in them first.

be a good looking radio for the driveway. and not the highway.

Members online

Back