Need Help Trouble Shooting

JerzyHustler

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 LS V8, and recently I have been getting a Misfire code along with a running lean code. I got my hands on the AllData CD for the car and have been able to trouble shoot the problem. I replaced all of the coils and plugs, but that didn't work, I am still getting the misfire/lean codes. I know a vacuum leak can cause the lean code but from what hose's I checked I didn't notice anything that was loose. I did notice my intake filter housing wans't fully clamped down, after I changed the filter I closed the housing fully but was still getting the misfire/lean code.

The misfire is noticeable at speeds below 40mph, but drives fine at high speeds. My last resort is to change the MAFS, I just wanted to run this past you guys to see if I had been doing the right things. I am trying to avoid taking this car to the dealership cause I just dumped 3k into the tranny. And I know the dealer will only try to fix the problem by replacing multiple parts that may or may not need replacing and charge me for it all.

Thank you guys in advance for any comments and help.

Try cleaning the MAF sensor first. (They make a cleaning spray for that.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back