need help to shut up some lincoln haters!

R-lincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys iam very new to lincoln, just recently got my 96 mark, got a great deal on it, and i understand there not cheap cars to maintain fix and mod, so far ive taken it in the a$$ for and oil pan job that cost me just over 900 cdn to have replaced, and after the job my friends and mechanics have all said its a POS, but i return with " well i got a good deal on it and its a a luxury car with v8" they come back with that it doesnt matter thats it V8, all that means is it fat and slow and horrible on gas. Ya ya i get that its bad on gas but i knew that coming into it if i wanted better mileage i'd turn gay and buy a prius:p

What i want to know is whats the best things to do to get more power out of these so i can shut these big mouths up? now saying that i dont want to spend millions on new motors etc just spend a few thousand to make it faster then it is, the whole point of what i want to do is show these guys that i can put a little moiney(under 10k) into it and it be a sick car, i was thinking after searching post after post on here to see what you guys have said in past about performance to do the following please correct me or point me in the right direction please

so far ive removed air silencer
put black ice air freshner and new wiper blades like i seen on a another post..................joking:slam

so after air silencer whats next?

exhaust then jmod trans followed by?

IMG00017-20110408-1449.jpg

maaan. so terrible on gas. :) 60 mile run.

jmod. dual exhaust. 4.10 gears and trac lok. high stall torque converter. tune. run low 14s. maybe high 13s?

iam looking foward to the jmod, just need to figure out where i can get the parts to do it, ive never looked into lincoln/ford parts before will ill be new to me

The guys at the Chevy dealership I work at tell me that alllllll the time. Its a POS, sucks on gas, its ugly, and so on and so forth. And yes, I bring it in a few times a week on lunch to do a few little things here and there, but its stupid :q:q:q:q, like I had to break down and reseal my tires so they wouldn't leak air anymore. I brought it in, and added some ATF because it was low, and I don't have the $ right now to do a full blown tranny service. Yea, its not the best on gas, and it needs some front end work again, and I want to do some preventive stuff, like the tranny service, plugs and boots, change the fluid in the rear diff, flush and fill the power steering with the correct ATF, but I don't care because I love her.

The main thing that is going to kill you is you are going to get super porked on labor for any of the main things that make car go faster. All you have to do is search my name under the advanced search page and read all my posts. Like mentioned you payed 4 times as much as the oil pan cost to have someone do the work. Learn to do your own work and you can do more speed jobs for less $$$.

The main thing that is going to kill you is you are going to get super porked on labor for any of the main things that make car go faster. All you have to do is search my name under the advanced search page and read all my posts. Like mentioned you payed 4 times as much as the oil pan cost to have someone do the work. Learn to do your own work and you can do more speed jobs for less $$$.

oh i know, i usually do my own work in this case i was pressed for time sent it in thinking about 200 tops to have it replaced and exhaust fixed but after finding it so hard to find a pan ,after they called back and said they had a mint condition pan i just said f it go ahead and do the job, this all being said over phone at work, then i got the 906.12 bill :eek:

rest of work will ill be done by me, def learned my lesson this time never send it out lol

and thanks ill check that search out and add some more book marks lol

This is my mpg average on my trip to Boscobel, Wisconsin this past summer.

IMAG0062.jpg

What are these bad a s s cars your friends drive

when it comes to whos got the biggest balls they no not to get to chirpy because they both been in my 68 valiant drag car and have yet to want to race that lol but its all fun when it comes to my daily driving lincoln they drive which are far from badass just faster then mine (for now)
newer camaro z something not sure hate chevys
03 mustang both cars have typical exhaust intakes cp chips etc nothing major

people always hate on what they dont have.....

ricers that think there turbo 4 banger is better then a NA V8......

Bah, just ignore em.
Some people get what everyone tells them they should want, and others drive what they want to drive. With my '96 it was love at first drive, been love ever since, and I couldn't give a good fart what others say or think.

0 mph.. trailer! :lol:

i got 33 mpg at 60-65 mph drafting semis and driving like a sissy.
got 20 mpg on the return trip driving "normal." ;)

31 mpg from sacramento to portland including climbing the passes and a couple minutes screwing around with a z28 (this was with the stock 3.27s)

Poor fuel mileage? Shoot the worst i have got is 20.4 mpg and the best is 25mpg on a trip to fort worth and that is hand calculated.

EdHall is an idiot and should be ignored.

Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
$10k would get me a F1* procharger, forged bottom end, and supporting driveline... And go.

Members online

No members online now.
Back