Need Help Removing Front License plate...

Don Guille

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How can i remove my front bumper license plate?
Need to remove that today...
Pls let me know...

Are you talking about removing the licenses plate from the front licenses plate bracket? Is the plate mounted with bolts or large screws, if so just back them out? Lefty losesy righty tighty.

Or the licenses bracket from the bumper? The bracket it riveted to the bumper and the rivets needs to be drilled out and then the holes in the bumper can then be plugged with plastic panel fasteners.

I'm talking about the whole thing like the blackthing holding da plate!
i want it to be cleaned... nothing in the front...

Home Depot/Lowe's or most any auto supply store, very common item. You can use touch up paint, again from auto supply store. If your state requires a front plate be prepared to get a ticket.

i Know California requieres it! but i see some LS without the front bracket and it gives a MORE CLEANER look... Do you have yours off or still on da car?

You can put the license plate on the dashboard. It just has to be visible from the front, not on the bumper. But don't blame me if you get pulled over.

You can put the license plate on the dashboard. It just has to be visible from the front, not on the bumper. But don't blame me if you get pulled over.

ive seen people do that and im sure it varies by state, but id bet money putting the plate on the dash board is still illegal in almost any state that requires a front plate.

Kind of defeats that "clean look" for a LS with stuff sliding around on the dash. IMHO

I have the plate on the dash right now. Well actually it's on the floor, ready to go on the dash if I see a cop. I asked a buddy who's a state trooper in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area about it. He said technically it's illegal in the dash. MN state law says you must have a front plate "permanently affixed to the front." I'll wait until I get a ticket to do something about it.

Of course this only applies to MN residents.

Don Guille- I believe California does not require a front plate.

Don Guille- I believe California does not require a front plate.

No

CA DOES require.... however, different areas are actually enforcing.
Equipment violation..... Many cities here have cameras at intersections... They LOVE front plates!

In West Los Angeles I've gotten ticketed only after getting a parking ticket. Grrr...
So I got 2 tickets at the same time! But I've heard of people getting ticketed in a public parking structure in Santa Monica also. Now if you are careful and park nose-tight to the wall you can generally get away with it.

Huh. Well it's been 8 years since I've been in CA, so my recollection was off! Oops.

Members online

No members online now.
Back