need help on 00 LS V8 shocks

ocorral20

LVC Member
Reaction score
can anyone help me on finding a new set of shocks for my 2000 LS v8
anywhere online? i need all 4... its riding real rough nowand i can hear them,,
any ideas????
i appreciate your help guys... any idea on price also????

I just got my Monroe Sensatracs put on my LS this past weekend. They seem to be doing very well. You can go to www.shockwarehouse.com and get them for $67.19 each with free shipping.

shocks

GrayGhost1 said:
I just got my Monroe Sensatracs put on my LS this past weekend. They seem to be doing very well. You can go to www.shockwarehouse.com and get them for $67.19 each with free shipping.

hey how much was installation for the shocks...
and are they shocks? or struts?
let me know thanks :)

ocorral20 said:
hey how much was installation for the shocks...
and are they shocks? or struts?
let me know thanks :)
They are shocks not struts. I had a friend install my shocks this weekend and my StopTech brake system all together. However, at his shop he would charge $400 for all the work he did on my car but I'm thinking you could get them put on for around $200 with an alignment.

GrayGhost1 said:
I also got Monroe Sensatracs on mine too and they're great. I would say take it to your local FLM dealership and have them do it or take it to Sears and ask an experienced tech (like a tech 3) to do it. Labor rate on 4 shocks i believe is 2.4 hours (probably about 240 or so) plus alignment (probably about 60). Plus, you get 3 months after the alignment to get it realigned i think).

Another thing to consider since you're going to have your car torn apart underneath is to have them inspect ball joints, stabilizer bar bushings, and stabilizer bar links. And if they are going to align it, they will tell you if they're bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back