Need Help Finding Black 20" Wheels

Farmacyst

New LVC Member
Reaction score
First let me start of by saying whats up to all the regulars and other newbies on here. I started coming to this site about 3 weeks ago, 1 week before I finally bought my 03 Lincoln LS (pics coming soon). To say the least I dont waste much time. I already put subs and an amp and 5% tint on her. Shes black on black V8 with every single available option except the nav. Now I'm in the market for some 20" black rims. I'm going for the more sporty look, which is hard to find in 20 inch rims. A little bit of silver is ok, but only a small bit. I'm going for the all black look (no chrome trim) with a black McLaren grill. Can anyone help out/show me pics? Thanks.

**BTW, Willing to drop about $1700.

Jay

i'm from ri too, and if you gonna drop $1700 make sure you spend a good chunk of it on tires, especially if you drive 146 alot. The ri roads are horrible so any extra protection you can get against the roads the better. Check out hyperperformance on rt 44, they have a decent selection of wheels they can order, but their balancing machine sucks so make sure you get it rebalanced. Hi-tech auto salon on fed hill is supposed to have nice stuff too, there are a bunch of places around the city to check out, jsut shop around and make sure you get enoguh tire for you rim, i learned that the hard way

Boost up the amount willing to spend and you might find a deal. The only wheels your gunna get that cheap in 20" are going to be knock off's from e-bay or TIS, both are horrible taste not worth wasting time on.

sporty 20's? I'd do some browser-shopping first, check out some pics, the 18's are definately the sportiest look, IMO most 20's on the LS look funny with the exception of a select few.

the exception of a select few.
Thats when they are cool wheels.

I found some sporty looking wheels in brands like Luff and TSW's, MRR, I think Luff D2's are one of the best Lux/sport looking wheels, but your gunna pay for them or youll end up with ones that have 5 skiny spokes and stuff like that. IMO, they dont look good on a wider bigger car as the fatter wheels do.

Thats when they are cool wheels.

I found some sporty looking wheels in brands like Luff and TSW's, MRR, I think Luff D2's are one of the best Lux/sport looking wheels, but your gunna pay for them or youll end up with ones that have 5 skiny spokes and stuff like that. IMO, they dont look good on a wider bigger car as the fatter wheels do.

They are cool because of the complete setup of the car(my opinion). 20's on a stock LS just look plain funny to me. Even the 20's on the cars that I would consider decent I still wouldn't consider buying. I like how 20's look don't get me wrong, just not on the LS.

No body said you had to consider, but they look good when filling in such a huge space of wheel well to some. I personaly wouldnt have any other size cause then youll have to have that SUV tire look to fill in the space.

Thanks for all your input. I love 20's on an LS. I have seen several wheels on an LS and the 20's sit very nice. My boy has super-low pros on his LS and it basically looks like he is riding around on rims. i'll stick with a nice fat tire cuz the potholes in Providence are serious. Ill look around Prov for some shops. I talked to a friend of a friend yeaterday and he basically told me show him a picture of the wheels and tires and I can have them the next day for $1200. Too good to be true? I guess I will find out. I want to Mod out my LS but make it look as factory as possible (if that makes sense). I'm going for a "gentle surprise" kinda look. Lol.

Eliot_Ness_Ls: Thanks for the heads up on the TIS wheels. I had seen those in a catalog and was very interested. I'll definitely avoid now.

BuddyLeeee: Where in RI do you live at?

Boost up the amount willing to spend and you might find a deal. The only wheels your gunna get that cheap in 20" are going to be knock off's from e-bay or TIS, both are horrible taste not worth wasting time on.

WTF? Whats wrong with TIS wheels? I always get compliment's on my rims especially on the lip, and i have TIS 10's.

discounttiredirect.com has a road hazzard for the tires. I would recomend if your getting 20's get it from them with that warenty. its well worth it.

WTF? Whats wrong with TIS wheels? I always get compliment's on my rims especially on the lip, and i have TIS 10's.

TIS is what helped concider 20's a fad, they suck, and they are very trendy. Oh and may I say very inexpensive to say the "least". Lots of wheels have lips, I got Luff D2's. I get compliments as well and I have a nice lip on mine so what does that mean? TIS is a very horrible trend even DUB elitests knock on em and are sick of people trying to make them a coffe table ( everyone must have) type 20" wheel. Same with the stupid little DUB and 20" badges, why advertise if someone cant tell they most likely arent concerned enough to want to know.

I think you should get what you think is going to make "your" car "yours". If you like TIS, then get them. The rims you choose are not going to look good to everyone else. Take Eliot's Luff D2's, I think those are about one of the ugliest rims I have ever seen, but it doesn't matter what I think, it's not my car. You have to choose what you like and forget about what anyone else says. I understand you were asking for opinions, but whos opinion counts the most?? Get what you like, you have to look at it every day.

Take Eliot's Luff D2's, I think those are about one of the ugliest rims I have ever seen,

hahaha yah Ok, I dont even have pics of my car.

he is right get what ever you please if you want those wheels get, they just wont be cool.

hahaha yah Ok, I dont even have pics of my car.

he is right get what ever you please if you want those wheels get, they just wont be cool.

I think the coolness factor is in the eye of the beholder, just like you like yours. I had never heard of Luff wheels until you started talking about them so I looked them up and only found them on a couple websites. I did see your rims just not on the LS, and personally I don't like them. Like I said before, not everyone will like the rims you decide on getting, but your happy with them and I can guarentee that not everyone on LVC would like your rims either, but who cares as long as you like them.......right??:D

LUFFd2.gif

That's a hot wheel.

I think the coolness factor is in the eye of the beholder, just like you like yours. I had never heard of Luff wheels until you started talking about them so I looked them up and only found them on a couple websites. I did see your rims just not on the LS, and personally I don't like them. Like I said before, not everyone will like the rims you decide on getting, but your happy with them and I can guarentee that not everyone on LVC would like your rims either, but who cares as long as you like them.......right??:D

LUFFd2.gif

Everybody has some very good arguments on here. Thanks for all the ideas. Im new to dubs so I just wanted to hear some opinions out there. If I buy any wheel I just want to make sure it will last. Thats my biggest concern. So I'll do some more research. You know I said I wanted black rims, but this weekend was so damn nice and I was seeing the gleam off of chrome rims a half-mile away has got me thinking...lol. Either way I know the decision in the end is mine.

One more question: does anyone have any tips or advice when purchasing/before purchasing rims? Anything I should look out for or avoid? Thanks.

Baccarat Passion

l_82e059bf46abdebb743a7e988bb428cd.png

l_911901e2bc9a128da6ffc240ebbff2c7.png

20x8.5 on 255/30-20 Nitto Invo's from Discount Tire, where I work. Needless to say, I got a deal.

No body said you had to consider, but they look good when filling in such a huge space of wheel well to some. I personaly wouldnt have any other size cause then youll have to have that SUV tire look to fill in the space.

I'd rather lower the LS than put too big wheels on it, which I did.
I think 19" wheels are the biggest that look right on the LS, but its an odd size which means selection of wheels and tires is smaller and more expensive.

I'd rather lower the LS than put too big wheels on it, which I did.
I think 19" wheels are the biggest that look right on the LS, but its an odd size which means selection of wheels and tires is smaller and more expensive.

Sorry thats your deal, to me that still looks like there is to much space.

But if thats how you want em.

Members online

No members online now.
Back