Need help fast

rsteeda

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am going to pick up a 87 Mark VII tomorrow and the rear bags are deflated and I need to get it on a trailor. The bags are supposed to be good so is there a way to mannually pump them up? The commpressor in the car is not doing it. Thanks for your time, Rsteeda

:W to :V Oldschool1 or OneWay when they see this they can help you or you could send them a PM!!! Been a long time since i was in Bisbee, I was born and raised in Morenci!!!

Thank you for the welcome! It's a small world. I guess your familiar with the "Phelps Dodge" way of life! The mines closed down here in Bisbee, but still going strong up there. Take care, Rsteeda

rsteeda said:
Thank you for the welcome! It's a small world. I guess your familiar with the "Phelps Dodge" way of life! The mines closed down here in Bisbee, but still going strong up there. Take care, Rsteeda
Yes I am very familiar with the "Phelps Dodge" way of life, my dad put in 26 years at the mine in Morenci. Take Care, pepperman

Welcome rsteeda, there is a valve mounted on the compressor(looks just like a valve stem). If you have a compressor or an air tank you can pump air into the system that way. If nothing else works, you could jack up the back of the car(by the frame, not the rear end) and put some wooden blocks in between the lower control arm and the frame. Good Luck!!

Oi mate! :W

Yeah, the best way to make sure it's all working and will take air is like this:

- Key is off. Go to the trunk and make sure the air system is "ON" (a black switch, driver's side)
- Get your air hose ready under the hood. Any one will do, like an air fill at 7-Eleven (If you can't get the car near an air hose, one of those emergency 12V tire pumps will also work, but takes a while).
- Turn the key to start and see if the system raises by itself.
If not....put the the hose on the valve and start pushing air.

You should see the pump come on trying to pump it's own air. If it doesn't, then you might have other problems. The CPU might be bad and the system won't open the solonoids to let air in..etc

If it does come on and the Check Suspension light isn't lit then it should work fine. The system will take as much air as it needs to level the car. Then it shuts off the solonoids so just watch for that...the pump will also stop.

That's it you're done.

It Worked!

Thanks for all your help guys! I didn't try the air pump with compressor and glad I didn't. I didn't know you had to have the key on and probably blown a line or something. I did do the wood block thing and it got it on the trailor and the four hours home! Again, Thanks for your time to help me out on this.
Rsteeda

rsteeda said:
Hello everyone,
I am going to pick up a 87 Mark VII tomorrow and the rear bags are deflated and I need to get it on a trailor. The bags are supposed to be good so is there a way to mannually pump them up? The commpressor in the car is not doing it. Thanks for your time, Rsteeda
Welcome.
Now that the car is home, tell us more about it.

Yeah, please let us know what you find as the problem.

Cheers!

:W ,,,:V ,,,,hi:,,,,Beer,,,,, good luck with your new baby ,,,,,remember they can be expensive to repair:eek: : ,,,,, but the results are one of the worlds best kept secrets ,,,,,,comfort,,,,,, style,,,,,,, handling ,,,,,,and what else,,,,,,,???????? oh yeah,,,,,,,,, performance,,,,,all the best ,,,, regards :dj: kahuna:invasion:

Members online

No members online now.
Back