Need help fast urgent please

Diplomat 1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I changed the hose under the intake manifold today on my 2003 Lincoln ls 3.9 and after everything is put together I now have a p0305. It wasn't doin it before I checked the fuel injector wire and it is connected. If I'm not mistaken the #5 cylinder is the most front driver side am I right? Wat should I do please I need car for work tomorrow thanks

It happened right after I did the intake manifold was taken off. It wasn't happened before today. I xhanged change coils with plugs when the code comes up for it But t usually when it goes bad the code for the coil comes up all spark plugs have been changed before. Could I have damaged the fuel injector Pintle somehow? Also when I take the injector plug off it runs the same rough but I then get a code for injector 5 circuit so i don't think it's the connector to the injector.

Hello,did you change all the coils,once one goes they all seem to go.Did you change them all?

Hello,did you change all the coils,once one goes they all seem to go.Did you change them all?

No cause when the coil code comes up that's when I change them. Does anyone know if these are interference motor? When I first started the car I heard a couple of knocks then it went away I had low oil but if I did drop something inside could it had messed things up? Anyone have a quick how to do the compression test on these? Thanks

Anyone??? When I took the intake manifold off I didn't take the rest hose off so I have the intake leaning and I dunno maybe I bent or damaged the Pintle on the injector? The other thing I can think of is something dropped cause like I said I heard a knock noise when I started it up but that usually happened when I start it cause the oil was low. Is it possible I dropped something and it damaged one cylinder? I want to do a compression test anyone give me a quick how to on this car to do a compression test. Please and thanks

Many things are possible. Yes, it's an interference engine. Did you use the correct torque and the correct sequence to tighten back down the intake manifold bolts (and to take them out in the first place)? Did you use new manifold gaskets? How did you get all the dirt out from around the intake ports without completely removing the intake? Did you crack the intake?

Thanks for the response. I didn't torque them down but I have loossened them before cause I replaced the plastic coolant parts. I didn't use the correct sequence to losses or tighten them for tighten I just did the normal start from middle and work my way around technique. the way I had it was the rear vacuum hose was the only think hooked on the manifold but it lifted completely out so I kind of stood it up somehow and replaced the coolant hose and intake manifold gaskets. I sprayed some carb cleaner around the manifold to see if it was vacuum leak but no luck. I don't know if I cracked it but if I did if some carb cleaner got onto in it should change rpms. If it is an interference motor then is someone did drop into the motor the motor would be shot right? I was thinking maybe mistakenly dropped something and cause just that cylinder to somehow lose compression but the rest of the car to run on all 7. Thanks joegr

Why have you ruled out the coil being the problem? I would retorque the intake in the proper sequence. The engineers who designed the engine knew what they were doing. Plastic flexes a lot.

No cause when the coil code comes up that's when I change them.

This is wrong for anyone who likes their car. First off, the PCM is really only guessing which cylinder is misfiring. Second off, the coils begin failing long before the first CEL comes on. Replacing them one at a time usually means you're running on at least one marginal coil all the time. This kills your cats.

Does anyone know if these are interference motor?

I don't think you quite understand the difference between interference and non-interference. An interference motor's piston at it's highest point enters the path of the valve(s) when the valve is at it's lowest point. Normally, the valves move up (close) when the piston is at the top, so there's no problem. If the valves get stuck or the camshaft stops turning and the valves are down/open, the piston will smash them when it comes up. That's the interference. A non-interference motor can have the pistons and valves in any position without risk of collision.

Point is, interference or not, having a foreign object in the cylinder will do roughly the same amount of damage.

When I first started the car I heard a couple of knocks then it went away I had low oil but if I did drop something inside could it had messed things up? Anyone have a quick how to do the compression test on these? Thanks

Low oil... knocking... fun. I know. I spun a bearing with low oil and a hard turn. I could have gotten thicker bearings from a Jaguar site, but if the crank and rod were damaged too much, the bearing wouldn't help and you can't get replacement cranks/rods. So I played it "safe" and just got a used junkyard motor.

I checked for the spun bearing with a screwdriver, straw with tick marks, and a ratchet to turn the crank. Remove all spark plugs. Place the straw in cylinder 1 and turn the crank until it reaches TDC. As you pass that cylinder's TDC, the straw should smoothly move back in. If you have a spun bearing, then the straw would have a delay at TDC and then move. Do this for the next cylinder in the firing order. When you think you found the spun bearing, stick the screwdriver in the hole and push the piston. If the bearing is shot, the piston will move when you push it.

For the compression test all you do is pull the spark plugs, attach the tester to the spark plug hole and turn the engine. Then you read the gauge. It only checks the cylinders for leaks, not for vacuum leaks upstream of the heads.

Wow thanks for all that info I definitely learned a lot. Yesterday I took the car for a test drive just to see. To my surprise it ran ok in the morning but about a minute into driving car starts to smell of gas and starts to misfire. I stop pop open hood and wat do u know the fuel rail fuel line wasn't hooked and came off. I guess I didn't push it in all the way on Sunday. On top of that it fixed the cylinder 5 misfire also. I was so happy. As of right now it runs like it did before i did the manifold. There is a hesitation and delay in acceleration when I step on gas which I need help on. Thanks

1st step: Replace all coils (OEM only) and all plugs (set gap to 1.0 mm).

I have replaced about 4 of them so far with only motorcraft coils and all 8 spark plugs. I have 8 new spaek plugs sitting. Do they come property gapped cause all the tune ups I've done I always just install the plugs never gap especially the oem ones. Another thing I need to mention is I have had a tranny issue between 2nd,3rd n 4th gear and I'm sure I need a tranny. Anyway I had my computer flashed to the latest software to which it didn't fix my problem. The thing is I replaced a coil on "B" which is number 2 cylinder and the code came back. I don't remember if I changed the plugs wit it or not but the code doesn't always come back I will drive it to see how it runs cause I changed that coil and a new plugs on Sunday. I am hoping that the coil I took out is still. Good cause like I said it was already replaced.do the new coils often fail again or maybe I have a problem wit my Ecm? Thanks

There's a lot of info on this site about all of those questions, and I am not going to try and copy it all here. Do a little research.
All coils at the same time. When changing the coil, the plug must go too, even if it is only a month old. Search to find out why. Every box of pregapped plugs that I've ever used had at least two that were wrong. Yes, LS PCMs can be damaged by ignoring the coil replacement rules. Bad PCMs can also make it appear as though you have transmission problems too (research), although real solenoid and transmission failures happen too.

There's a lot of info on this site about all of those questions, and I am not going to try and copy it all here. Do a little research.
All coils at the same time. When changing the coil, the plug must go too, even if it is only a month old. Search to find out why. Every box of pregapped plugs that I've ever used had at least two that were wrong. Yes, LS PCMs can be damaged by ignoring the coil replacement rules. Bad PCMs can also make it appear as though you have transmission problems too (research), although real solenoid and transmission failures happen too.

Ok I will try n do some research but if I replaced some of my coils do I have to replace all 8 at one time? Also is there a easy way to check if my pcm is good? I know if I plug a new one in the alarm/security system is not gonna work unless I have someone program it to the new pcm. Thanks again

Members online

Back