Need Help anyone with a 97 parts car

fordguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I was in the middle of redoing my front suspension and a slip of the hammer has left me stuck. I broke off the right front ABS speed sensor. Of course the 97 is different than any other year and I cannot find it anywhere. The part # is f7cz-2c204-ad and motorcraft # is brab-58. I am due to leave on a trip on Wed and need to find this part and get it overnighted to me. If anyone has anything please let me know. Thanks Brian

on a side note does anyone know the concequences if any of driving without this attached.

nothing bad, just no antilock, if you slam the brakes they'll lock, as long as you are capable of braking without locking up, you will be fine. you most likely will never notice, except in emergency situations.

98 was the odd year..

I don't have experience driving w/o one (Or a inop one). But i'd imagine an abs light and no speedo as I think the front sensors are used to calculate speed. I could be wrong and If I am someone will let me know.

Edit:

Just looking on ebay (Keyword: Mark viii abs sensor) I see some that look like they'd work.

yeah it looks the same I dont know why the difference. my mircocat shows different part numbers for abs sensors left side 93-96, 97, 98 and the right side says 93-95, 96, 97, 98. I am confused but even the parts store show avail for gen 1 but when you pull up a 97 it dosent even show it avail to order. anyone here ever change one or use the first gen on a 97. I dont understand the difference they look the same maybe different amount of teeth on hub or different voltage it puts out???

Members online

No members online now.
Back