Need help and advice

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Im getting my tails tinted here tomorrow. They want 125 and itll take 5 hours. Im deciding if i should go all black, prolly a dark. Or there was another ls (where I need your guys help finding, searched all over and cant find it) that had i believe 2-3 stripes in it. I want to do it like he has it. Also does anyone know if its illegal, or if i do the stripes will it be legal since you will still have some red showing. Please help me out asap since i need the picture tomorrow. Thanks.

All I can do for you is say tape up what you dont want painted, as far as legality......???????. I have exactly what you are talking about in mind as far as the stripes, kinda Mercedes Benzish not? Well tape the areas you want to stay red off, or you can do it in 2 different levels of tint lightest and darkest.

Not bad but it kinda makes me think Subaru SVX. I would alternate from the top on down tint, no tint, tint, no tint or dark tint, light tint...etc.etc... I think that question about the law is in that thread to.

i actually saved a pic of this car because i was frequently looking for it on here. is this the one you were looking for?

sexy rear end of an LS.JPG

What does everyone think of the pictures below. What kinda tint should I put on my ALL black LS. I have the all red tails so there wont be any clear like the one with the strips. Or should I just tint them all the way black. Opinions would be great. thanks.

i-DCFC0038[1].JPG

IMG_0790r.JPG

IMG_0791r.JPG

IMO, I dont like either. I would honestly say dot it tint, no tint, tint, no tint, etc..etc..etc.

But its your car.

Frogman, you can loose alot but these days there is ways around it like brighter bulbs and makeing sure you dont get a crapy paint.

Hey elliot can you give me a photoshop or something im trying to picture it but am having a hard time.l

Hey St. Lou, Im taking it out to Elite Customs off 94 and jungermann, theyre charging me 125. I was supposed to go on saturday at 9 but friday night kicked my ass, so im gonna reschedule for this sat. They can have it done and ready in a couple of hours.

I wish I could but I dont got photo shop, I know alot of people here do tho, thats a fact. I dont even have a camera, I suck. Ill google for a car with something simillar for yah hows that?

i like the dub car best between the two but how much light can possibly come out. too bad there is no night pics...or is there?

Sorry I couldnt help you, I came up with nothing last night. Think about this if its not to late, tint the raised parts of the lights and leave the parts that curve down red.Tint, no tint, tint, no tint. The more I try to think and explain it the more Im not likeing it tho. But that may be cause im painting this mental image over and over again.

Sorry I couldnt help you, I came up with nothing last night. Think about this if its not to late, tint the raised parts of the lights and leave the parts that curve down red.Tint, no tint, tint, no tint. The more I try to think and explain it the more Im not likeing it tho. But that may be cause im painting this mental image over and over again.

i know what you are saying. thats exactly what i planned on doing this summer when i get the nightshades.

The weather here is really bad! so I am holding off but I got everything I need this morning for my project, then I am going to try the DIY that I posted the link for. Its done on a VW but its the same way all around yah know? I cant wait to see the finsihed project, my shop guys waiting to hear word on painting the trunk cause he doesnt do it him self so I am doing the lights on my own to kill time instead of sending them to John's.

Hey eastcoast, whats with the pic you posted of the black lS? I just noticed his tails are filled in and smoothed out.

No, they are the 03+ tails it is a G2 but if you look close at them and compare to the other car youll see that there is more than just tint. They are smoothed or filled in. Its almost like it has a cover.

this is what i plan on doing to my tails...
cant remember whos car it is..

black red taillights.jpg

Thats nice! I was talking about that exactly but not so much up top. A bit more than the rest but not that much. But hey, does anyone know whats up with that second cars tails? Why do they look filld in.

Thats what I wanted to find thanks eastcoast, I have an appointment set for saturday to get them done. He said the use a candy black paint thats transparent and it takes a couple hours. The place is called Elite customs.

So i went up to that Elite Customs place, i had no idea i lived like 5 minutes away, im gettin my tails tinted too, but im thinkin about goin all black with mine since my tails aren't two toned

Members online

No members online now.
Back