Need Help - 1988 Lincoln Mark VII LSC GTC Stage II

i8urchicken

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1988 Lincoln Mark VII LSC GTC Stage II - 5.0 HO V8.

I have a few questions about it's history, rarity, value (even though it will never be sold).

My Dad was the 2nd owner of this car, purchasing it in 1989. The original owner had many upgrades done to the car through C&C - Cars & Concepts which apparently is no longer operation. Although there is a C&C, my guess is this one didn't become operational until the mid to late 90's. New owners maybe? There is a plaque on the dash of the car, with a number.

I know most Marks are the LSC, and from what I know from my Dad, this car is actually a LSC GTC. He said because of this, the car is a one of a kind. Whether this is correct or not, I have no idea. Another reason I am here looking for answers.

Now for what I am looking for..... How many Mark VII's GTC's were made for each year of that model 1984-1989?

Any information anyone here can give me on the GTC's with the Roush upgrade would be greatly appreciated, or even someone to point me in the right direction as to what I am looking for.

Here are a few of the specs...

1. C&C GTC Stage I ($4,500.00)

Package available only on Lincoln Mark VII LSC.

Complete monochromatic paint job in either Midnight Black (code 1R) or Arctic White (code 9L).

Lower body side panels, Extended rear valance panels, Front air dam.

GTC badges (Front fenders, dash, and trunk lock cover)

BBS Cast wheels 16" x 8" These were optional and color coded with white or black centers and BBS center cap

2. C&C GTC Stage II (Roush suspension handling package) ($4,200.00)

Total of Stage I & II when purchased together (Dealer price $8,504.00 - Retail price $12,000.00)

All of the above plus Koni low pressure gas externally adjustable shock absorbers.

New front air springs with revised rates.

Front and Rear stabilizer bars.

Rear axle lateral locating link (pan-hard bar).

Semi-metallic brake pads.

Driver's left foot rest.

Lower vehicle ride height (~ 1")

Goodyear 245/50 VR 16 Eagle tires.

Power steering oil cooler.

ID Plaque w/ owner's name (usually dash mounted).

Thank you!!! I really appreciate your help. My husband and I are currently restoring the car. It is still in perfect shape as far as the tranny and engine go and it's rust free, but over the past few years we have had to replace nearly every sensor, fuel pump, air compressor, 2 air suspensions, and on and on. I'll have to get a few pics up. It still has the original paint job, but a new job is on our list and just around the corner. We are proud of the car and can't wait to get it back onto the road to show off.

JoshMcMadMac said:
Oh man, you didn't throw away the old air springs did you?

uh-oh... I am gathering from that post we shouldn't have? I am guessing my husband threw them away when he replaced them. I'm not 100% sure, they could possibly be stored in the barn, but I think it's unlikely. I do know they were dry rotted from years of being stored, and not holding air, which burned up the air compressor.

The bases for those air springs were made specifically for the GTC cars. Pretty rare stuff that could've been re-bagged.

Okay, here's some pics that have been requested. I know the car has alot still to be done, but please keep in mind, the car has not been neglected, though it may look so. Our main focus since we started restoring it, has been keep it in running condition, and replacing over $2,000 in parts alone. Appearance is something we will work on soon, but with me being a stay at home Mom, we can only afford so much. I didn't have time to wash the car and she really needs a bath, but I kinda wanted to take a pic of how she is now, so I can look back and compare when the restoration is complete.

The fog lights were either stolen or got knocked off years ago, one of the exhaust pipes is missing. Just fell off one day. We will replace the entire exhaust within the next year, or before we officially take her to the road. A tree limb fell on the front left hood a year ago, and there's a small dent that now needs repaired. And like I stated before, the paint is all original, and shes in dire need of a paint job. But as long as she doesn't start rusting, we have put it off, but we do monitor and look for rust regularly. The window tinting is the original also, so that needs redone.

So though she looks weary on the outside, she's in great running condition after all of the new parts we have put into her. Also, when she doesn't get some work done for awhile, we take the battery out to keep it from going bad. And no, we don't normally have her sitting in the weeds, but our weedeater broke, and we will be buying a new one this weekend.

With all of that said to defend myself, here she is. I love this car:

100_1078.gif

100_1085.gif

100_1079.gif

100_1080.gif

100_1081.gif

100_1082.gif

100_1083.gif

100_1086.gif

100_1084.gif

That car is the sex, aside from the dash cover. Awesome.

Those were rare bags, but ya know..ya live and you learn.

You should take pics of the entire restoration process. :cool:

LuxurySportCoupe said:
That car is the sex, aside from the dash cover. Awesome.

Those were rare bags, but ya know..ya live and you learn.

You should take pics of the entire restoration process. :cool:
I second that !

Those two are going to LOVE the resto process and LIVE for the end results.

We're here when you want to ask questions.

JD

Don't throw out the dampers either! Konis are rebuildable in nearly any condition and new Konis for Mark VIIs are unavailable. GTCs also had special valving for their dampers.

The exhaust tips are also unique and would be good to graft on to a new exhaust.

Where are you located? There is a guy on FordVsChevy.com, NickT, who does stainless pipes for the Mark.

Hello fellow GTC owner. My name is Scott and I am the author of the GTC website you were refered to earlier. Congratulations on owning one. I have a few questions. You say it has a 302 (5.0) and not a 351 (5.8)? Does it have a 5 speed or does it still have the original automatic transmission. And last, what is the serial number on the plaque, the pic is too blurry. Thanks and feel free to ask any questions regarding these cars. My 1984 is complete except for the power steering pump cooler which was removed during the JBA modifications to the engine and the driving lights are gone. My email address is snonnenman@atmc.net

Scott

NICE thread....please post back any findings I8urchicken and you too Lux, whatever you find out.

Well, we have had to put off restoration. Some things came up and we are in the middle of a move. We need to restore an old house we bought before we can proceed with the car. I'm irked about it, but the car is on the back burner only til spring.

I'll get back here in the next day or two with the serial number on the Plaque in the car. I would love to find out more about it, or find a way to trace any info related to that number.

Thanks to all of you with the advice given on the car. It's been alot of help so far.

i8urchicken said:
Thanks to all of you with the advice given on the car. It's been alot of help so far.
You're very welcome.

We too are home owners and Fathers and Sons so we can understand taking care of priorities. I prefer to buy brake pads over things like cereal or electricity. I've found it builds character in children to sit in the dark.

Congratulations on the home. May it bring you ten pounds of happiness in a five pound bag. You can never own too much white paint. There are Lincoln Mark VII owners almost everywhere willing to come by and help you two eat your food with very little notice.

Lastly, we are truly Lincoln Mark VII enthusiasts so our thoughts and cares go with you and your family and your car. LXRY YOT and ND4SPDLSC are the resident GTC experts so please, feed them at least once a month, even if it is to only say, "Hey Guys! I blew the leaves off of the car!", we will all appreciate it.

John "I-Have-Six-Bedrooms-And-Six-Mark-VIIs" Dancy

Members online

No members online now.
Back