Need everyones help

ntec

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 lincoln ls6 5speed .I want to upgrade the exhaust system. I know magnaflow makes a complete system with 2.5 inch pipe .I want to go 2.25 inch pipe maximum .the magnaflow system costs $1100 canadian installed, part # 15710 or the shop can make a custom system by removing the 2 resonators and go strait pipe 2.25'' all the way back and put a magnaflow universal muffler stainless part #11235 for example and stainless tips for $750 .What would you do ...

1. Get the magnaflow system ? costs more ,lose some bottom end power because of 2.5'' pipe
or 2.Get the Custom made system ? lower cost ,louder sounding since there are no resonators.even powerband since 2.25 '' pipe
or 3. Or go the same route a # 2 but leave the stock resonators.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ? I WANT EVERYONES OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!

YR1 LS6 5spd NUFF SAID. :steering :Bang

No for the ls system there 2.5'' thanx :Bang

ntec said:
No for the ls system there 2.5'' thanx :Bang

Well, mine from the Magnaflow "factory" in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, is 2 1/4".

LS4me said:
Well, mine from the Magnaflow "factory" in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, is 2 1/4".
I read on another board that the 2.5" was a mis-print and it is a 2.25".

ntec,

I'd give Geno a call @LMS. I have never heard anybody that was disappointed with one of his systems. You'll appreciate the quality and LOVE the sound.

Plus, I'm sure he'll give you a member discount for being on the board. Good Luck.

Members online

Back