Need Confirmation/Reviews: KYB shocks

Got the KYBs installed with my eibach springs. The install was very straight forward, no surprises. They looked to be the same exact length as the stock ones, although I didn't look very hard as I was in a rush to get them installed and done with. Also they did not lower my car anymore, as I had wanted. In fact my car sits about a 1/4" higher in the rear, I don't know if they still need to settle a bit?

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. The ride is a bit more firm than what I had on there, but not harsh like some mentioned, even with 19's and low profile tires. My rear end feels tighter and a lot more controlled if that makes any sense, although that could just from them being new struts. Also less bounce when hitting imperfections on the road at higher speeds. I think these are very comparable to the OEM sport struts.

I would definitely recommend these, especially now that the OEMs are scarce. For the price I don't think you can do better. I'll keep pushing these over the next couple of weeks, and update again to see if my initial review still holds true.

I would love to know how they do over parking lot speed bumps. I am looking at getting adjustable dampers if I go with Eibach springs. I just hope they make them for our cars.

Members online

No members online now.
Back