Need a wee bit of help..Suspension issues in '01 Navigator

RMCKelly

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Good Morning all,

I am having some suspension issues with my '01 Navigator. Recently popped a tire. Took it to the tire shop and replaced all four tires. After tires were replaced, the "check suspension light" popped on. At first the light would turn on but after the suspension switch was turned off and then turned back on, the light would stay off for a day or two. Now the light stays on the entire time and the back end looks just a little lower than the front. I am getting ready to take it into the shop but I was hoping that someone else has had this issue and would like to know if there is a quick fix to this or if it is a major issue. Thank you for the help. :feedback

could be a bunch of things, im gonna guess cause thats all I can do but you probably have a bad air susp compressor and or air susp relay. (the connectors on the relay sometimes get corroded) or the other common thing is an air line union near the master cylinder that breaks apart, but since you said the ass isnt on the ground I doubt thats it.

do yourself a favor and take it to a dealer, they will know what to look for and what is common, you take it a private shop and I doubt they will know what they are doing.

slide under your whip and look at the rear ride height sensor attached to your rear axle, chances are if they racked it and let the axle hang without disabling air ride the sensor could have pulled loose or pulled apart... worth a check huh??

:I
fordtechguru said:
slide under your whip and look at the rear ride height sensor attached to your rear axle, chances are if they racked it and let the axle hang without disabling air ride the sensor could have pulled loose or pulled apart... worth a check huh??

fordtechguru said:

Bet you a dollar to a doughnut he's right. That was the very first thing that came to mind when I read your problem. Get it documented by the dealer and send the bill to the tire store. They should know better than that.

Members online

Back