Need a random part

L_King

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am in need of the latch for my console. I need the latch that opens it not the one that allows it to slide. I could use a crappy console lid if someone has one willing to part with it cheap, or just that part. the "ears or rods broke off on mine and now it won't stay closed.

e-mail me at Lee_King@me.com

Thanks!

Had the same problem with mine...i used a magnet for a cabinet and epoxied it on...not too noticeable and works ike a charm

good luck, I've been on the hunt for a couple of years now and don't feel like paying $170 for an entire new lid.

if I am lucky enough to find a 2nd gen in a junkyard, you can damn sure bet its already broke :(

nobody ever seems to part out a 2nd gen, most are just 1st gens

also if you still have the broken latch, you can modify it to fix it. a guy on here years ago took his, cut those "ears/rods" completely flush, then drilled a hole and used the right sized metal dowel rod and it seems to work great.

I only read about this after losing my original broke ass latch, if thats not something you're interested in trying, I may be interested in buying your broke latch from you...

velcro is a waste, it works fine for a few weeks then flattens out and needs to be replaced, I'm using magnets not but i guess i need stronger ones as any big bums or train tracks I go over make it pop up an open if in the most rearward position...

I had the same problem with mine when I bought my '04 and after reading on here that a lot of people haven the issue and few seem to find a good used one I tore it apart to see what could be done.

I'll have to open it up again and take a look (if any one is interested) but I replaced the broken plastic pins with metal ones... I think... ah hell, I'd have to open it to be sure of what I did again. But I can tell you that it has worked like stock without issue for almost two years now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back