Need a new spare tire is this ok?

JPHCCFC

LVC Member
Reaction score
I need a new spare tire as mine is damaged, was looking on craigslist and saw this advert will this suffice? I previously had a full size spare at 235/50r17

a Michelin T 125/ 80/ R 16 Tubeless Spare Tire in a brand new-like conditions off a Ford Lincoln car. The rim is included!

You have to make sure the rim fits. Not a lot do. You also want to make sure the tire is less than 10 years old. If it's 8 years old, then it will only be really safe for you for two more years. That tire sound really narrow.

What I did was to watch for a while and buy a cheap full sized Lincoln LS rim. Then I put one of my best tires on it when I bought new tires for the other four tires. Around here, it takes a few days to get the tire I want (never in-stock), so having a full sized spare really helps with that.

More to what Joe is saying - Check the Mlara's craigslist thread, you can find stock wheels CHEAP and use one of those as your spare.

You have to make sure the rim fits. Not a lot do. You also want to make sure the tire is less than 10 years old. If it's 8 years old, then it will only be really safe for you for two more years. That tire sound really narrow.

What I did was to watch for a while and buy a cheap full sized Lincoln LS rim. Then I put one of my best tires on it when I bought new tires for the other four tires. Around here, it takes a few days to get the tire I want (never in-stock), so having a full sized spare really helps with that.

That's exactly what I do. Sometimes you can find good deals on Ebay. Lately however, they've gotten stingy about the prices for the older model rims as they know they are hard to find, also people like to up-charge for shipping to make an easy buck. Also, sometimes you can look at a craigslist ad that is in another state or city and they might ship them to you. I recently haggled someone on Ebay for a rim at a steal. Just have to give it a shot.

Members online

Back