need 96 heads

dosMarkos8to's

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So..my 95' base broke a valve spring and bent a valve. If I am going to
fix it I want to use heads that were upgraded-96 or better. I'd like to use heads that are bolt in, requiring minimal changes. If I can't find a set for
a reasonable price I will sell the car. It is in fantastic shape, will entertain offers, have pics and history...what it needs list. Thanks.
TMM

So..my 95' base broke a valve spring and bent a valve. If I am going to
fix it I want to use heads that were upgraded-96 or better. I'd like to use heads that are bolt in, requiring minimal changes. If I can't find a set for
a reasonable price I will sell the car. It is in fantastic shape, will entertain offers, have pics and history...what it needs list. Thanks.
TMM

Tex you can get a set of heads for 100 most likely. Peeps can't give away B heads. Go to the SVT site and put up a wanted. Someone did this yesterday for b heads also. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-256/ Also carparts.com I see them for like 125 each from bone yards for 97-98 heads.

ah.

i wasnt aware valves were made of unobtanium. :)

He has to pull one head no matter what. Then would need new valve and the valve job on that one.(might need guide too) Then need to pull 32 springs and retainers. He can avoid machine shop altogether by just pulling 2 heads slapping 2 heads right back on. Just want other peeps to see deal here. And that unobtainuim valves are pricey.! LOL

ah.

i wasnt aware valves were made of unobtanium. :)

unobtanium lol that what the 96 lsc headlights and 98 abs sensors are made of

why not go with like the 01+ conti heads or aviator heads?

unobtanium lol that what the 96 lsc headlights and 98 abs sensors are made of

why not go with like the 01+ conti heads or aviator heads?

Then you would need total different intake manifold. We have "B" heads those you mention are "C" heads. There was a "c" head intake adapter used on contis that bolt on a B conti intake to C heads.

wtfisthis

Vr4.. Don't get the humor(???)unoratanium??? Kaypassadude??
guessu don't have much of a life except being beeliggrrant. Every one asking 4 help here is not a nurd like u kum off to be. Whats ur deal?
Hope u feel better after unobutaholeum.

Rt. on the Mark....Thanks for ur help...so I guess I need to find some B
heads. Went to some of the mentioned links and had no luck. If anyone has a set ready to bolt on 4 sale I'd like to hear from you. hwbulk@yahoo.com

Then you would need total different intake manifold. We have "B" heads those you mention are "C" heads. There was a "c" head intake adapter used on contis that bolt on a B conti intake to C heads.

What is this that you speak of. A C head to B intake adapter? From the factory and sitting on what I would presume to be 99 and up Conti's? That would be awesome.

What is this that you speak of. A C head to B intake adapter? From the factory and sitting on what I would presume to be 99 and up Conti's? That would be awesome.

Yep you got it. It mates the 2 port intake to the 1 port C head. It also has NO IMRC butterflies. I don't know if mk8 intake bolts to these the conti intake looks like gen1 intake but its a all in one cast manifold not the tube runners like gen 1. I found one guy selling them don't know if this site I think "Racecougar" It will not make a 96-98 cobra intake go on C heads from what he said. This is why I was looking at them.

It will not make a 96-98 cobra intake go on C heads from what he said. This is why I was looking at them.
Well damn thats why I would want them. Might be worth trying to find some just to see if it actually might work, or if it could take a little bit of modification to get them to fit a B head Cobra intake on C heads.

I have been looking for a pic but nothing so far.

Well damn thats why I would want them. Might be worth trying to find some just to see if it actually might work, or if it could take a little bit of modification to get them to fit a B head Cobra intake on C heads.

I have been looking for a pic but nothing so far.

I was thinking of the same thing. I like to see if they could be modded also.

I was thinking of the same thing. I like to see if they could be modded also.

Wouldn't work, they need a gen1 style "B" upper intake, not a gen2/cobra style "B" intake.

Here's a photo comparing the gen1 mark vac operated IMRC to the conti "C" head to gen1 "B" intake

Continental.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't work, they need a gen1 style "B" upper intake, not a gen2/cobra style "B" intake.

Here's a photo comparing the gen1 mark vac operated IMRC to the conti "C" head to gen1 "B" intake

Continental.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those pics your showing are not the adapter i'm talking about. Still trying to find pics.

Those pics your showing are not the adapter i'm talking about. Still trying to find pics.[/QUOTE]
Edit bottom one might be it but has the gasket on it so hard to see the 1 intake port.

I assure you that the bottom part is the conti adapter. It's dirty, but note it does have the injector boss moved, and the upper intake ports taper to an oval.

but, you can put a cobra intake where there is a gen 1 OR 2 intake.
but the conti adapter's won't work with the cobra/gen 2 intake, only the gen 1 intake?

they're all B head intakes, why won't they work...

:confused:

i'm in over my head. :D

I assure you that the bottom part is the conti adapter. It's dirty, but note it does have the injector boss moved, and the upper intake ports taper to an oval.

I noted that in the next post. I can see there are no butterflies in lower imrc.

Correct, as long as you use the appropriate IMRC's or delete plates, the gen 1 use a different set then the gen2/cobra

but the conti adapter's won't work with the cobra/gen 2 intake, only the gen 1 intake?

correct

Because the IMRC/adapter plates/delete plates changed design from center/offset to center/center from gen1 to gen2 B head.

Hope that puts things in better perspective. If not I can get you pictures illustrating the intake side and head side of each respective piece.

Thats whats getting me too. Ford had B heads on early conti engines. Then they put C heads on and used the same B intake but made these adapeters to mount the old B intake to C heads. If these adapters mate C heads to B intake I want to know why it can't work for us putting B cobra intake on C heads.

Need more info. Ford never changed intake head bolt pattern on all year mk's because I can put cobra intake on my gen1 with using gen2 IMRC's. I thought alot of the intake bolts go thru intake,thru IMRC's then bolt to head correct? But acouple bolts go thru intake and then bolt to IMRC correct?

Members online

Back