Navigator Remote Start

tosaman

LVC Member
Reaction score
New member -- lot's of questions...

I'm a real fan of remote starts -- had them in all of my prior Lincolns. Getting an '05 Navigator -- any suggestions as to what would be a good option to have one installed? Should I go with the factory option or are there other (and less expensive) alternatives out there? Thx for any comments.

I'd be interested in knowing this too.
Is there one I could just order and install with relative ease in a Navigator?

Lincoln dealer was no help. I finally checked with a local auto electronics shop, and they quoted me an installed price of $300, including a couple of mini remotes (they don't mess with the existing fob features). I've seen a few kits advertised on the web that "supposedly" will work on the Navigator. However, with all of its security interlocks and current remote features, I wouldn't try a "do it yourself". I installed one on my 96 Continental -- it was a real pain, and my eyes aren't getting any better. I had a pro do my 2000 LS, and I'll never go back to doing it myself.

putting a R/S in a navi is no problem for a pro, just make sure to get a quality brand and make sure whoever puts it in has a lifetime waranty on the install. personaly i love any thing DEI makes (viper, clifford, python...) they are very reliable and usaly have a lifetime waranty on the system (excluding the remote)

I'd be interested in knowing this too.
Is there one I could just order and install with relative ease in a Navigator?

install with ease is not somthing that is usally said in regards to remote starts
if you have ever put a couple in, the navi is not too hard of a car to do, it does need a bypass module to bypass the PATS, the newer DEI bypasses like the XK04 is pretty easy to use, you will need two keys to program it but you dont need to leave an extra key under the dash

Members online

No members online now.
Back