Navigation DVD???

2003v8sport

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
First my introduction,

just wanted to say that I'm impressed with many of you guys. I'm a new member but I've been reading your threads for months.

now that I'm done sucking up... anybody know away around paying 200 bucks for a navigation update dvd? (other than ebay)

2003v8sport said:
First my introduction,

just wanted to say that I'm impressed with many of you guys. I'm a new member but I've been reading your threads for months.

now that I'm done sucking up... anybody know away around paying 200 bucks for a navigation update dvd? (other than ebay)

If you're asking for someone to make you a copy of a recent disc, forget it. The Nav discs cannot be copied because there are codes embedded on the disc itself. You must have an original disc for the system to work.

How new a DVD are you wanting? Ebay has had about the best deals that I've seen so far.

The newer the better, I'll check into ebay. I just wanted to know if there was anything else, like a website to download from or whatever.
Thanks

nope can't download either. The discs have a physical barcode in the hub that is read by the dvd-rom unit in the trunk. I'm not aware (and I tried!) of any way to duplicate that.

My 03 came with a 12/03 version.

Found a 2005 version on Ebay for about $120.00. Both Navtec and the dealer wanted big money, so I thought this was a deal.

mwhited said:
My 03 came with a 12/03 version.

Found a 2005 version on Ebay for about $120.00. Both Navtec and the dealer wanted big money, so I thought this was a deal.

Did you buy? Any problems? Sounds like it's as good as it gets. They say to update these systems every year, they must be making a killling!!

Thaks guys

I bought it. I picked up a few new sub divisions, but still doesn't have some of the newer ones in town.

I wouldn't replace it every year, but maybe ever "few" years if I can find a deal. If it means paying over $250 to the dealer, I'd live with what I have.

Members online

No members online now.
Back