Name these hoses

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
One of my vacuum lines on my 3.0 to the driver valve cover already cracked off so I replaced it, $35 on rockauto.

Now I noticed these are cracking off the top of the intake. It not bad but one is loose already and if you bend it the crack is almost all the way through.

What are they called?

hoses.jpg

The top hose looks like the coolant line. Yes, there is coolant flow through the TB to prevent icing. IIRC, the bottom line is a vacuum line for the PCV system.

Coolant line? Joy, that will be fun bleeding now. It looks fine in the pic yes but if you move it a lil its almost cracked all the way through. The bottom is the same but its loose. I figure better safe then sorry. Thats what I thought about the other line which had the same cracks but it was cracked deep and just ripped off until the car stalled:(

Confirmed, coolant and vacuum lines. Replace them if they are sucking air, but there is not much pressure behind either.

The top hose looks like the coolant line. Yes, there is coolant flow through the TB to prevent icing. IIRC, the bottom line is a vacuum line for the PCV system.
Hi was wondering if you or anyone else here could describe or post pics as to where each vacuum line goes
from the upper intake on a 3.0l ls v6 engine

I was confused by the coolant line myself when I saw it was attached to the degas bottle, my degas bottle has a second nipple but no hose seems to reach it?

Also wondering how the vacuum fitting from passenger side valve cover is supposed to be attached to a vacuum source, my car is a 2003 ls

Thanks

Hi was wondering if you or anyone else here could describe or post pics as to where each vacuum line goes
from the upper intake on a 3.0l ls v6 engine

I was confused by the coolant line myself when I saw it was attached to the degas bottle, my degas bottle has a second nipple but no hose seems to reach it?

Also wondering how the vacuum fitting from passenger side valve cover is supposed to be attached to a vacuum source, my car is a 2003 ls

Thanks

Would... But my daughter no longer owns the LS...

Members online

No members online now.
Back