N2O In my STS

speedy_2

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought this kit last week and took a lot of time thinking about the install. I like it a lot. Small shot and small capcity but when I don't need it, it's totally out of the way. Getting about 25HP right now. Not really noticable. I'm getting a bigger just soon which should get me 50-75HP. That's about as high as I think I should go on the stock motor.

Now you see it......
DSC02576.jpg

Now you don't.....
DSC02575.jpg

;)

Very nice. That motor will live on a 75 shot all day long. Make sure the manufacturer of that system recommends the orientation of that bottle. You could be looking for trouble. Check it out.

MonsterMark said:
Very nice. That motor will live on a 75 shot all day long. Make sure the manufacturer of that system recommends the orientation of that bottle. You could be looking for trouble. Check it out.

Ohh yeah, great point. Most the time you have to have it at a 25 degree angle or something like that. . .

Sifrino3 said:
Ohh yeah, great point. Most the time you have to have it at a 25 degree angle or something like that. . .

What is the reason for this?? 25 degrees towards the front or rear?? I heard that the orientation is because of the force during acceleration?? What kind of problems will I see if I leave it the way I have it?

speedy_2 said:
What is the reason for this?? 25 degrees towards the front or rear?? I heard that the orientation is because of the force during acceleration?? What kind of problems will I see if I leave it the way I have it?

It will give you surging affects when your using it. And I believe it can get worse. Im not forsure. You set it a 25 degreez and it has to be pointing at the front end. And you have to have it bolted to the car. Or you can't run at the track. I believe. . .

I also believe the nitrous feed line has to be pointing down to the ground.

Also, for a street driven car it should be in the middle of the car. Or not in a spot where if you get ran in to. It will not get hit.

Oh. Well, I ran at the track with that setup. I told them I had the N2O but they didn't look at it. As for surging?? What exactly is that. It seemed to operate fine for me. even though the shot was not really big enough to notice except at the 60ft.

Nice step by step in Tech Section -

I was impressed with how you showed your install with step by step details and great photo,s

Roy

Hi, I was just wondering in what gear and at what RPM you are throwing in the shot of N2O. I would only recommend using it in fourth gear as to not overwork the rev limiter. It is designed to cap the RPM's at around 6500 under normal acceleration. I would watch it with that to make sure you don't do damage to the shift solenoids or anything like that. I'd say that 4th gear is probably the safest way to go since you don't have to worry about up shifting in the middle of the shot of N2O. That would probably be bad not only for the tranny but would put more strain on the drive components...i.e.(CVD's, wheel bearing's...ect). Just be careful because damaging a part like that could serioulsy mess up you car, not to mention cost you a good deal of money to repair. Good luck and hope it works well

The only track I've been to is a 1/8 mile track. I'm only getting up to 2nd gear with that distance. I only engage the N20 at WOT, above 3000RPM, and between gear shifts. With a 1.4lb bottle it would be pointless to run it after that because I'd have to hold it for a really long time to get a good effect on top end. I mostly use it for short races like the 1/8 mile. If you go Here you can see me run a GT mustang. You can tell the car really pulls good off the line with the N20. Just click on the Caddy vs. Stang link. So far I haven't seen and negative side effects from using it. And I don't use it very often. I'm even thinking of removing it just because it is more of a hassle to get the bottle filled all the time.

Sifrino3 said:
It will give you surging affects when your using it. And I believe it can get worse. Im not forsure. You set it a 25 degreez and it has to be pointing at the front end. And you have to have it bolted to the car. Or you can't run at the track. I believe. . .
Here are the acceptable bottle installs -> http://www.zex.com/Technical/Instructions/DryNitrousKit/DryNitrousInstructions.pdf

page 2.

normally - the bottle is installed with offset backets which holds it in position A.

Members online

No members online now.
Back