MYMK8G2

Mikemze

New LVC Member
Reaction score
As the newest member of this forum I have educated myself by your experiences and knowledge so far and this made me sign up and look for a chance to pay back to this community.

Yesterday was a lot of joy and happiness as I waited on my newly bought 1997 MarkVIII Red/black to arrive with the flatbed, however today was not so great as I tried whatever I could to figure out what is preventing the engine from starting, Tried whatever I could get my hands on by searching through different threads as you fellow Lincoln riders are sharing but unfortunately I am not able to crank my car just yet,
My car didn't come with the original keys and the previous owner says it needs a SCIL module as his mechanic said.
Today I charged up my battery fully and installed on the car and first thing is the alarm system that goes off - anti theft light blinks and makes a clicking noise that matches with the lights of the car, wait it out about 2 or 3 minutes it goes quiet.(unplugged the horns)
Still no crank so I pulled out the SCIL and inspect it all of the soldering heads are fine.
Put it back tried to hot wire the starter and It just revs and does not engage.
I’m replacing the starter and trying to find the SCIL module and I’m wondering if there is anything else that I have to try while I’m waiting on the module .

P.S the key fob and the keyless entry pad are not functioning as they should but the central lock and every other accessory in the car is working just fine.
The car had mismatched HID lights which are removed for the time being

any input is greatly appreciated.

Tried to bypass the anti theft system now I can turn over the engine with hot wired starter .
I have spark and fuel.
The engine cranks but doesn’t even try to start.
So I took one of the coil packs out and I Think it’s a good idea to replace the Spark plugs while I’m at it. They are oily.
I suspect a reprogramming key issue is in play at this moment

if the PATS light fast flashes when you turn the key, then the PATS is preventing you from starting.
if its not, keep looking elsewhere.

Thanks a lot chris2523 and to you as well xtriggerman.
Lincoln is up and running.
My gratitude and Thanks to everybody who shared their knowledge and experiences I managed to find a used SCIL module reprogrammed the key and she lives.
Just have to put a HID Kit that matches the specs since the wires were cut from my original ballast and mismatched ballast were put on and I like to remove extras to create my own

Here’s my 1997 Mark viii LSC

329D96DC-1254-4991-BAAB-2F78D8D4D6B0.jpeg

3C77A0DD-8BBE-48EC-8252-ACC9B143E4DC.jpeg

Trying to find rims for the car, the aftermarket rims are not looking nice since they are rusty and peeled off so are my original rims that came with the car.
I have to find a nice set of original rims or might go with some 16x8” rims.

786E80E2-25F9-4878-AB66-DDCD5520025F.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got a set of original chrome 20 spokes with nearly new Cooper tires on them. Wheels are not perfect, but I've got the lugs, caps and all.

Looks like a nice car, congratulations. Look forward to some more progress pictures.
Thanks, I hope so
I've got a set of original chrome 20 spokes with nearly new Cooper tires on them. Wheels are not perfect, but I've got the lugs, caps and all.
Would you send me pictures of the rims ?
Let me know of your asking price please,

I noticed there’s water on my passenger floor panel all the way up where the dash ends was leaking water from a vent so I got that sealed . No more leaks.

D7B4ECDD-7B62-40FC-B60B-862033C48469.jpeg

Removed the wiper blade arm on passenger side, took the cover off and right away I saw the problem took the hatch out cleaned the place up real nice just like so

6D0D16E1-3EF8-4B76-A0B0-006EA8CDFC6A.jpeg

sealed it up with urethane let it cure for an hour and problem solved

Never been a better time to get that engine bay cleaned. Up here in Canada It’s a good Idea to have rust prevention solution sprayed on the bottom and under the hood of the car and that’s why I did not remove any of that

01B08AF4-A0A1-44F7-8B0C-539C8E213EFE.jpeg

F7282CF0-4D16-4E22-800B-6E686AE1A851.jpeg

all done with the day and it’s time for cruisin’

F6D1F4E2-2936-4BBC-B0F6-4F27ED07E2FC.jpeg

0ECB9A79-A201-43AC-B240-90B723A732B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot chris2523 and to you as well xtriggerman.
Lincoln is up and running.
My gratitude and Thanks to everybody who shared their knowledge and experiences I managed to find a used SCIL module reprogrammed the key and she lives.
Just have to put a HID Kit that matches the specs since the wires were cut from my original ballast and mismatched ballast were put on and I like to remove extras to create my own

Here’s my 1997 Mark viii LSC

View attachment 828574102

View attachment 828574103

Trying to find rims for the car, the aftermarket rims are not looking nice since they are rusty and peeled off so are my original rims that came with the car.
I have to find a nice set of original rims or might go with some 16x8” rims.

View attachment 828574104
Beautiful LSC

6943A377-ECDA-42B2-91C7-FF2921551916.jpeg
CADCE49C-2C29-4B25-8B30-9278C8758FDA.jpeg

My octis. Btw where did you find your cobrastar fender emblems? Been searching for years

Wow that is nice , I got them on eBay they are Stickers not emblems. I understand they were being produced by a member in here all you have to do is search cobrastar emblem, threads are old but I wish he’d do a number of these emblems
Oh ok, I see. Yeah you can get the stickers easy. I need the metal ones. Geno won’t make another run, nor make just one set. Guess I’m sol

It's amazing how that design stands the test of time. Looks like you got a good one in spite of the startup issues, consider that your baptism, now the fun begins as you add some miles to it. Looks like the big win is a working tail light. Congrats and hope you enjoy the car as much as I did mine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back