My thoughts / review on the corsa Intake for cts-v

Cadillac CTS

1. CAD-E!

CAD-E! New LVC Member

I recently got my corsa intake (from WXM) and installed it . With a reputation corsa has I'm actually surprised of how poorly made/ engineered this product is.also on the packing slip it says 'TMG performance products , Corsa / Volant' and after googling 'Volant intake' on images I noticed that the parts (hardware,brakcets,sleeve,filter) are very similar.
    I've contacted Corsa already about then take , I spoke to a gentleman name Jon and he said that they'll be bringing in another cts-v and meet with the engineer that designed the intake and that he'll be getting back to me after they look into it before he sends me any parts .

This has nothing to do with WXM cause they have been very excellent to our community ! It's the product .

I sold my airaid that was excellent fit and nice install (which I regret selling and probably end up getting another one).

-the quality of the housing is a really cheap plastic and has no type of heat shield which may have caused the intake air temp to go up FAST when I was at a stop light.
    -the MAF sensor won't fit flush unless you sand/grind /cut that part off (I wasn't too happy about having to do that ) since the corsa didn't have the indentation for it on the intake.
    -the MAF sensor harness is so tight that there is no play / wiggle room , I'm afraid when the motor moves under load it'll pull on it stretch out the wires and eventually rip it and cause issues, Jon told me this is a easy fix by just unclipping the zip tie that's around the harness. ( I'd prefer not to do that )
    -I didn't have a issue with the the grommet cause I used a seprate heater hose connecter cause I have the WXM catchcans.
    -the whine on this one is not are loud as the Airaid.
    -the metal bar that is used so the engine / beauty cover interlocks with is to thin which cause the beauty cover to pop out and move out of place it basically just sits / resting on it.
    Overall for what this cost I wouldn't recommend this intake , atleast not now til / if they fix everything and make it right.

Here's some pics

MAF sensor , I circled the part that needs to grinded
    92C6784D-A736-41DF-BF8E-EACDC4986E62.jpg

Stock intake with the notch / indentation
    139D142B-A84D-4B93-A5A3-C26275FA0C2B.jpg
    corsa (sorry it's kinda hard to see)
    5D2C18C0-D2EF-44EB-B4EC-6E2E9E26B460.jpg
    75517D0E-B735-4E23-BE62-DE0B31BBAD45.jpg

MAF sensor harness no play
    E51328DD-3A51-4A29-B3C3-3AB85D4CAC03.jpg
    8AAB7ADF-A2CF-4E74-9145-11DE87BBB4AC.jpg

Metal bar that interlocks with the cover.
    66D1251D-931B-4881-AF95-36D9087B1416.jpg
    15BA677A-9654-4B93-BAA1-51DBEFEC3C3B.jpg

This is what it looks like when your done , I've also tried adjusting / reposition it certain ways but all comes out looking this .
    56D45540-06C9-4C8F-954C-2D93FA68ADE6.jpg
    BAE1AFD2-5067-4D4C-8ED5-12FC6D64D73C.jpg

Corsa metal plate can be removed , it's just a tiny Phillips screw .
    3128FA6F-CE9F-4158-A89F-CC546D5E8ADD.jpg

Quick vid
    [video=youtube_share;ohQgIoYalAo]http://youtu.be/ohQgIoYalAo[/video]

I used one of these to go into the grommet and fits perfect and attached a hose to connect the the catch can.
    [​IMG]

I really hope Corsa gets it together and do it right! Otherwise they should just stick to making exhausts.