My Rod And Nuts Are Missing

Turboguy

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Made you look :D

So I bought my 00 LS8 from a guy in Florida who said that it had been in a front end accident. Both headlights are a little off but the driver side is especially FUBAR, all aiming up and whatnot. I can grab the housing and it moves around, and the little black fastener toward the center of the grille is cracked where the rusted screw is.

I want to do angel eyes and brighter lights but based on these photos, do I need all new housings or is it fixable?

Does it look like the driver side headlight assembly is missing that flat piece of metal on top and bolt that secures the housing to the red metal radiator support piece? Or did some not have this?

The passenger side assembly has the piece of metal but it's not connected...where is that supposed to connect to the top of the headlight?

Ever had the beam adjuster screw thingy get stuck? passenger side is a bastard and won't move anymore. tips?

Thanks,

Turboguy

PassengerSide.jpg

DriverSide.jpg

well Mine is a GennII, but, I have no bracket on either head light. Mine has 3 points were a screw / bolt holds my light in. Your picture of your driver side looks like a drywall screw holding it in,, My bolt / screw goes in the middle of the end where it looks like a fork in the black plastic piece. I have one bolt that was over tightened and broke the black plastic peice so I have used JB weld to remake the hole. You should be able to see all three points of where the light is secured and you may find that another one is broken. My guess is if the driver side moves a lot your gonna find a missing bolt or a broken tab, but it can definatly be fixed.
I'd remove the lights, do the light rings and while you have it apart refurbish your lenses, cause they look rough. you can address the broken tab and get all three issues at one time thus saving you time!!
As far as the lights brightness, MR Howie did (recently) a nice write up on installing high beam lights in the low beam housing,, that sounds real nice,, I would have tried that before my HID install just because of the cost savings stand point!
Lets see the rest of the car and your price..

The parts in question aren't really needed. My LS hasn't had those since I've owned it. I also noticed you say the driver side light moves around alot. I'd put the proper bolt in on that side and see if it still moves around.

Appreciate the advice guys.

jolinc01, the driver-side light does move a bunch, but though you can't see it from this picture, the little black piece to the far left by the bolt has hairline breaks in it which is part of the problem. Maybe I can mend that piece by heating it /gluing it, etc.

Talbotway, will try your tips, thanks. Pics attached. My price?

2000LSFront.jpg

2000LSRear.jpg

Members online

Back