my quest for the right rotors

jokken

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of rotors that I actually like.

I like crossed drilled rotors, mostly for the looks though. Better braking is great but I don't auto cross or etc.

Three years ago when there were not many rotor options for the LS I purchased these
powerstop-xdrilled-slotted.jpg

powerstop AR8160XL AR8160XR AR8162XL AR8162XR ~$120
I wasn't happy with these because the holes where too sparsely drilled, they haven't lasted that long either.

I really like what I see on and newer cars these days like the Infiniti and Porsches, smaller holes but a whole lot more of them
4QL8Y6F.jpg

but these don't come for the LS and are only available in a complete brake systems for $1000 or more.

QuikLS's rotors are pretty nice
Rotor%20Pic.jpg

I can't find them anywhere ccrotorworks seems to have disappeared.

I just bought these and they were delivered to my house.
EBC_ROTORS-black.jpg

I don't like them much (even though they are zinc plated which is nice to post pone corrosion.) I might send them back, still too sparse.

here is something that is interesting
blackdash3.jpg

They look cool but I don't think they are my style.

I have just found something that might be what I want
BremboCDS.gif

This picture is slightly wrong, the rotors for the LS only has 6 rows of holes between the slots. They also come nickel cadmium plated with is supposedly better than zinc. This company drilled them them selves from brembo blanks, this isn't preferable but I think most of these companies do that anyway.

You think your last set of cross drilled rotors didn't last then the ones with more holes will last even less. You weaken the rotor quite a bit when you drill holes in the rotors and they will crack easier. You won't see much benefit from rotors that have excessive holes than ones that don't unless you are an extreme racer or autocrosser. Remember, race cars change out the rotors after every race.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish other than it "looking good". I have the StopTech Big Brake Kit on my car and they only have slots in them. StopTech's website even goes into detail about cross drilling and they don't recommend it for daily drivers.

Members online

Back