My New Tank

pokeeto2

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This is my new 2001 Lincoln Continental. Got it for $3600 with 94K. My 1998 has been wonderful to me but it's goin too mush over the hill, I put 30K on on since last April and it now has 147K. This car looks just like my 98 but I will miss the floor shifter because this has a Column shift, though it's an 01, clean, runs great and less miles, 15 extra HP boost, beautiful interior and paint, no dents and the engine & tranny work flawlessly, I've already put a 150 miles on it so I think it's well planted. I think it's a real Good Buy?

Though, I'm goona swap the JBL woofers from my 98 and put them in my 2001 because the Alpine woofers suck in 01. JBL has more punch.

Back.JPG

Lincoln.JPG

very nice Continental.Do you really feel the 15 hp difference? I think the 260 hp had more torque 302 vs 275.

The 15 HP boost is awsome on the highway, I hardly have to punch it as hard as I did with my 98. Taking off from a dead stop is'nt a huge deal but I feel that the engine is much more relaxed and you don't have to rev it as much to get it going. My manual has the ratings and the HP & torque are about even, The 260hp version is simialar to the 275HP Torque rating, It's just the HP. I still hav'nt had to punch it near 4,000 RPM's yet, ( Though only on a test drive )

For (JLewisinSyr), I have had 13 Continental from 97 to 2001. Out of all, only one had sunroof which was a 98. I'd say theres more Continentals out there without them. I'm in connection with the Used car BiZ so thats why I've had so many of them and thats why I got mine at the price I got it 4. One of the 97's and one of the 98's were my personal cars.

Since the 97 and 98 have the same HP, Also since I've driven both years for a while, I find the 98 more responsive than the 95 to 97 models. Shifting also feels more refined from 98 and over.

( Also ) Has anyone noted much difference in Handling with Conti's with those side Kicker Shocks in the rear wheels. I've driven so many Conti's and I still don't see the advantage. I see Ford pretty much has eliminated this from 99 or 200 and up. Most 95's to 98's have em.

I kinda like the chrome on the bumbers cuz from distance, it looks like two claws. I've had thoughts of getting one of em charcol grey grills that come in some these cars from 99 & up. You Now like on the top of the line trim, ( Or on the town Cars when they have the Touring Package ( The blacked or dark greyed out grillz), I think that would kick it up because this car looks too much like my 98. I have a set of 9007 Blue halogens to give it a Whiter/bluer tint too the light at night. Maybe a light tint on the windows.

I Just found out how to Tell a 98 from a 99 and up apart in look. In 98 Ford put the Continental name on the rear driver side tail lamp, and in 99 & up on that lamp the put Lincoln instead. ( From Continental Lincoln in 98 to Lincoln Continental from 99 & up). So if Continental is on the left, it's a 98.

About the chrome on the grill, is there a way to darken it so it would look like a black chrome, Like seen on Toyota and Infinity with their emblems and letters?

pokeeto2 said:
About the chrome on the grill, is there a way to darken it so it would look like a black chrome, Like seen on Toyota and Infinity with their emblems and letters?

Hmmm...

Other than using spray paint and making it too dark, the only thing I could think of using is that "Nightshades" tail light tint spray. It's a transparent "paint" that tints your lights. That would be the only thing I think would work- but I've never seen it used on a body part...

pokeeto2 said:
Has anyone noted much difference in Handling with Conti's with those side Kicker Shocks in the rear wheels. I've driven so many Conti's and I still don't see the advantage. I see Ford pretty much has eliminated this from 99 or 200 and up. Most 95's to 98's have em.

It is really interesting, my Conti has got this damper system on back suspension. I checked factory DVD and found that there are no other differences than eliminating damper and it's mounting brackets on '99 and up. So it seems that dampers are just a waist of money on older models. If I brake one, I try without them, maybe there is a difference afterall.

The truth is out there..

Thats 1 hell of a continental I am planning to drive mine home back to NJ to visit family i just got my 2000 last mth with 61,700miles on her but now it has 63,000 took it for a nice drive a few time and yes they have some great power. Mine has the alpine setup as well and yeah the lows suck but it has crisp highs.. dont laugh check what i did to get some bass...I took a single 12" JL audio 12W3V2D4 in a single sealed box and put it in my trunk. ran a single wire from the negative on the left 6x9 and then a single wired from the right 6x9 positive to the JL now i have some clean low bass not banging but its more like having a nice factory system that has some bass at least for now..lol..Congrads on that Black Diamond your driving heres a pic of mine.

New car Note lol.JPG

Stock Alpine.JPG

Stock.JPG

Interior shots of my 01, Don't the speedometers look Kool in these cars? As you see at the second pic in this post, I have a chrome grill, I plan to get them grey colored grills liKe (StincolnLincoln) has, That combo is found on the LS and Touring Packaged Town Cars, I think it will look great since it's a black car, Also plan to get a slight tint in the windows, to beef it up a bit so it won't look so plane later on.

I just want to differenciate the exterior a bit so I feel like I'm in a 2001, this car looks too much like my 98, pair em together, and u wouldn't tell.

100_0460.JPG

100_0462.JPG

100_0482.JPG

100_0483.JPG

100_0476.JPG

thats a great looking enterior the funny thing is you want my grill and i want yours lol.. i have been looking for a chrome grill for mine since i got it. i like the chrome grill look for my car. hhmmm do i hear a TRADE. lol..

I've been thinking about it, but the advantage of the chrome grill, It gives the car more of a jaguar look, and it follows the lincoln tradition in having chrome grillz.

You know, I'll just cut out your picture of the front of your Conti, Use a photo program I have and apply it to the pic of the My Cont's front. I might post it sometime to see what everyone thinx.

The angle you have U'r car in the pic will make it easy since it's not too much different how I took mine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back