My New Car

Challenge

A GOAT????
After you get it tricked out and I get my new engine combo together, we should plan to meet and try yours against my '02 LS. Let's go from 100!:D
KenS from Ben's Place

The Challenger weighs OVER 4,000 lbs.!!!!!!, the Shelby weighs over 3,900 lbs., and the Camaro is an unknown. Those aren't much better options. A stock Terminator coupe weighs 3,650 lbs. My '04 did 428 rwhp on a Dynojet with just JBA mufflers and a FIPK.

well when cars get on a set of drums and race with dyno numbers I'll be sure to give you a call ;)

you just seem like all the other terminator idiots... blind GM fanboys like to race with dyno numbers too, seems like a pattern with a$$holes

it's actually kind of funny

and if you want to address anything on the challenger, address the fact dodge diddn't put an LSD on the SRT model

motivator2915705.gif

well when cars get on a set of drums and race with dyno numbers I'll be sure to give you a call ;)

you just seem like all the other terminator idiots... blind GM fanboys like to race with dyno numbers too, seems like a pattern with a$$holes

it's actually kind of funny

and if you want to address anything on the challenger, address the fact dodge diddn't put an LSD on the SRT model

motivator2915705.gif

Actually, I've got competition licenses from BMW CCA and NASA. Who are you licensed by?

yeah I saw that in your sig, driving has nothing to do with car knowlege or thinking your teminator dyno numbers makes it fast

but I'm glad you would like to think so

so far I have told you all about a car you own and all you can do is race with dyno numbers like a fanboy

so do yourself a favor and offer knowlege or take a walk, all you can do is be asshurt about little old me having a nice car collection at probably half your age and you are obviously upset by it

basically you are attacking me for talking about my car that has nothing to do with this forum by talking about your car that has nothing to do with this forum... it's pretty funny :D

gain some KNOWLEGE before you speak and stop acting like a child

now I would love to sit here and educate you on your modular motor but I have a st. patties day party do be to, so if you'll excuse me ;-)

Ok let me get a word in here. There is no doubt that the Cobra 4.6 motor is a nasty motor and even nastier when even slightly modded. Stock for stock, I think the 2nd Gen GTO and the Cobra would be a very good race. Obviously with minimal mods the Cobra takes the cake on power gain due to the S/C and stock forged, but down the road with some serious money thrown into the the motor the LS2 is definately going to come out victorious. There is no replacement for displacement. This is from a completely nonbiased standpoint. I love both cars.

The Challenger weighs OVER 4,000 lbs.!!!!!!, the Shelby weighs over 3,900 lbs., and the Camaro is an unknown. Those aren't much better options. A stock Terminator coupe weighs 3,650 lbs. My '04 did 428 rwhp on a Dynojet with just JBA mufflers and a FIPK.

I'd call the shelby a better option... 4.6L vs 5.4L???? 380 HP vs 500 HP?? Plus better torque and a solid axle which will hook up MUCH better than the IRS

We are talking factory here...

If we want to talk about modified, look out... I think that 5.4L has the potential to put much more power to pavement than the 4.6L in factory form. (don't most builders say 600-700RWHP is about max on the factory forged components for the 4.6L?)

The 03-04 cobra is a great car as I said... but it's time as being king of the mountain has came and gone.

I'd call the shelby a better option... 4.6L vs 5.4L???? 380 HP vs 500 HP?? Plus better torque and a solid axle which will hook up MUCH better than the IRS

We are talking factory here...

If we want to talk about modified, look out... I think that 5.4L has the potential to put much more power to pavement than the 4.6L in factory form. (don't most builders say 600-700RWHP is about max on the factory forged components for the 4.6L?)

The 03-04 cobra is a great car as I said... but it's time as being king of the mountain has came and gone.

I agree that the Shelby has more power potential. I'm just really turned off by its weight. When I take my Cobra to the "track" I'm doing open track, not 1/4 mile runs, so weight is a big deal to me. The 03/04 Cobra weighs too much, but the Shelby is ridiculous. I'm a Ford guy, but I would buy a Z06 before I would buy a Shelby that weighs over 3,900 lbs.

Ultimate answer

Gee Whiz, guys---If you can turn a wrench, it's possible to build a kit car with any amount of power you please, and have an all-up weight come in under 2500 pounds. It'll probably cost about half of what any serious performance production car will. Do a proper job, and you won't see a significant challenge once in three months. You can start in sixth gear and eat the lunch of anything built in a factory. Ballzy words are meaningless since somebody somewhere has a 'bigger one'! (I know of a case where a guy put headlights and front fenders on a mid-engined alcohol dragster).
KenS from Ben's Place

Kobra... I should have looked at your picture; most of the guys here were talking straight line performance so my comments were inline with that. I'm not much of a drag race kinda guy; not to discount those who are, but I think racing that requires use of the brakes and steering are more interesting and more of a sport (NASCAR is certainly NOT in the group I'm discussing).

Given that, I can see your points about the 03-04 cobra and I do agree, it's a better vehicle for that type of racing. I feel there is certainly the potential in the new body stangs for a solid performing road course car... transmission from the shelby and front suspension are both big improvements over previous models; extra pork and the solid axle are not (But it's apparent the shelby was built for the 1/4 mile guys anyway)

Ken... You've got a VERY valid point; most kit cars will eat even exotic sports cars for breakfast. But you do tend to trade off some of the refinements (read: nice interior). But, if you want absolute performance... that should not be an issue.

Wow...i just read this thread to catch up on my GXP comment that is like 100 posts away now. I cant believe i read like 2-3 pages about a srt-4 neon. A 200 mph TURD is still gonna always be a TURD. I dont care how much horsepower it has or what its top speed is...... its a f*ckin NEON for cryin out loud. I think i get a good laugh daily out of srt-4 neons, WRX's, sh!tbox Honda's with a primered door or something stupid looking, all driven by punk ass kids who think they're driving a Ferrari or something. I think the only person a kid in a srt-4 Neon is impressing is another punk kid. Its funny to me. Close to my house there is a Wyotech or some type of automotive tech school and everyday at lunch time about 100 crappy ass cars with loud exhausts go flying out of the parking lot. Its funny. I'd take my slow ass Lincoln over a 200 mph Neon anyday. I've owned Mopar (still have an Intrepid) and all Dodge's are horsesh!it quality. I will never own a Mopar vehicle ever again.

Just make sure you take a picture of your shoes in the trunk of your LS so its relevant to this forum :p

Thats awesome. Is that guy still on here? I wonder how many got that one, or are just thinking "shoes"?

Isn't this the car that was poorly designed so if a car hits it at a certain spot, the gas tank will explode?

Members online

No members online now.
Back