My New Car

Thats my doc martin to the left of the photo. She's not the fastest but I've taken down a couple Nike's with her.

Would have been an 04, maybe an 05 as it was Sept. I've seen a few run high 14's when driven right. From all of the Magazine tests I've read this is about what to expect. Makes sense...no matter how "dumbed down" for America the Audi is, it is still a German, Autobahn engineered car. High speed cruising is a normal fact of life over there. Gearing and good aerodynamics make for some long legs.

Just checked out some pics. 05 for sure. 3700 lbs, 335hp/310tq, 6 speed Triptronic Auto and good aerodynamics. Bad Ass ride!

yeah I never knew they hauled like that, not a bad car if I do say so myself

who really cares about a gto on this website go to a gm site

lol, wow this site is full of children, I never would have thought a lincoln site would be less mature

with that being said I will go back to my mustang forum... because they really enjoy my GTO regardless of car make, something I see you guys are too childish to do

just an FYI, an automotive forum is open to ANY car make and model as long as they bring knowlege to the table, but I see the stupid fog is dense here... I should know, I moderate a "ford" site and there are very credible Fbody guys all over the place :)

and I also own a 2005 3.9L Lincoln LS
http://www.dragtimes.com/Lincoln-LS-Timeslip-13496.html

but then again I'm all over the place when it comes to cars, this was my last car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx4n3yq55Zc

and this was my collection 2 years ago
P7140463-2.gif

you tell me to go to a GM site, I tell you to get a life, fair trade? ;)

don't get me wrong, alot of people here know their sh!t and are great people, to those people I appreciate you (ILLS and the gang)
but it just seems the stupidity outweighs the intelligence here and if I were to stay I fear I would just be correcting people when they say something wrong about a car... I might stop by for live chat on wednesdays though, that's always fun lol

I like GTO's a lot. Take a picture of it next to your LS so it fits the requirements and we can stop all the bitching. I like to think of this as a People with an LS forum to talk about anything somewhat car related rather than just a strict LS forum. We all know each other pretty well and it's good to see something different every now and then.

Maybe we need a "past owners section" where we can post or also a place where current owners can post about their other "toys"?? Over on M5board.com no on whines when someone posts that they got another car to add to their stable. We all applaud and give kudos.

This board (LVC) is definitly becoming one of the nastiest I have seen in terms of people jumping into others sh1T. If you don't have something nice to say to someone then just shut h3ll up.

Anyhoo now that my rant is over, Nice GTO!!!! :D

Maybe people need to stop hatin because they can't afford a couple nice cars? I see alot of stupid stuff posted and no ones cares. You off your meds morbid? you use to be the main :q:q:q:q disher outer around here, now your gonna roll over and take it?

Here's an idea, if you are going to be a prick in someone's thread, don't even bother reading it. Find a thread that appeals to you or keep your mouth shut. There's a difference between constructive criticism and trying to be the "cool guy" and acting like a jerkoff. I've been here for 4 years and I really don't feel like it turning into a Neo-Nazi regime after all that time.

Being a smartass does not equate to you being smart.

As far as the past owners section goes (good idea). Morbids a member of the LS community just sharing some pics of his new car with his LS community friends. This thread wil be dead in a week like all the rest of them, at the end of the day does it really matter anyway? How come no one jumped down decibels throat when he got his truck? Or the guy preachin about his neon? Hell I wish I could afford a car like that, I'd post pictures also.

...I like to think of this as a People with an LS forum to talk about anything somewhat car related rather than just a strict LS forum. We all know each other pretty well and it's good to see something different every now and then.

I agree... It's sometimes hard to keep my interest in the LS Section when all I ever read are:
"mis-fire, could it be COP???"
"My car blows hot air"
"Overheating"
"cooling fan quit"
"Ball Joints"
"McLaren grill"
"SCT Xcal"
"will 20's fit?"
"PO-PO don't like my tint"

I feel threads like this add a variety to the forum that helps keep it interesting and less "same-old, same-old". Lets be honest here... if everyone used the search feature to solve their problems, how many new posts would this forum get per day? 1... maybe 2 or 3?

And if you really want to complain... shouldn't about 40% of the postings in this forum be in the High Perfomance forum? I made a comment about this a while back and nearly got flamed to death because I dared make the sin of saying the HP section has little to offer and borders on pointless... and that was a valid point; almost no one posts in the HP section, while all of the "performance" posts for the most part end up in the general section (before some of you start... there are a couple obvious exceptions). I don't see anyone chastising people with comments like "This is the general forum, you're asking a performance question... there's a forum for that; GTFO". Is there REALLY any harm in a thread posted by an LS owner that isn't LS related? I think most will agree that getting pissy about that makes as much sense as refusing to answer a performance question in this forum just because there's another forum for that purpose.

Post on LS1.com. I'm getting tired of hearing about your Goat. Goats (1st and 2nd generation) are easy to beat with Terminators.

Then don't read it, like I just said. LS1GTO.com is a good site.

Forged internals and a S/C will give you a little advantage huh. Try putting forged internals and an S/C on an LS1 or LS2 and see how easy it is.

Wow! This thread sure has deteriorated quickly. Personally I'm much more interested in his new Goat than hearing about cheap HID problems or Headrest LCD's. Good to see how active this board is but it's true that if people were to use the SEARCH feature there would be a whole lot less posts. I'd be fine with that...If it's OK to keep beating the same topics to death why isn't it OK to post something a little off topic? I ran my fastest times yet yesterday, as fast as the quickest cars here and did it on my 19's. I guarantee that only a handful of guys here even care but if I were to post about upolstering my trim to match my $200 sweatshirt I'd be busy for the next week telling everyone how I did it. Smokey Yunick probably said it best, "A motor doesn't care what name is on the valve cover". Kudos on your new car "Morbid", enjoy it.

Then don't read it, like I just said. LS1GTO.com is a good site.

Forged internals and a S/C will give you a little advantage huh. Try putting forged internals and an S/C on an LS1 or LS2 and see how easy it is.

The GTO doesn't come equipped like that, does it ?
So, that's really not relevant how you could modify a GM product. With the Terminator, all you need is a smaller pully and a tune to gain a lot.

The pulley and tune don't come from the factory either. Believe me I've driven cobra's before and they are amazing cars, but they're not gonna walk all over an 06 GTO. It'd be a race.

Stock to stock on a 6.0L goat, I think the match up is pretty good. But lets be honest here... as good as the 03-04 cobra's are (and they are great cars), for straight line performance, you've got much better options out there now (namely the GT500, new camero if it ever comes out, and the challenger).

Hell, I bet once they start putting those direct injection twin turbo V6 powerplants (EcoBoost right?) into cars, that 03-04 cobra might be disgraced by a factory 6-banger with nothing more than some tuning.

Sad but true... Oh well, I'm still buying an 03-04 cobra convertable within the next year or so!!

The GTO doesn't come equipped like that, does it ?
So, that's really not relevant how you could modify a GM product. With the Terminator, all you need is a smaller pully and a tune to gain a lot.

your ford fanboyism is showing

I was chosen to moderate a "mustang" site for a reason... I know my sh!t and I am not for either side... I love all cars equally, imports, domestics, ford, GM... and sometimes dodge (cough cough)

with this being said I probably know the inside and out of the said 4.6L DOHC modular engine before you could even make a gesture to talk about it, and with that being said you probably think you could take a terminator and push 750PSI through it because the shortblock is forged... on the contrary, a stock terminator can only push around 14PSI coming from stock due to heatsoak on the stock eaton... any more than that and you are asking for something to let go...

and your arguement makes no sense either... like all ford fanboys you talk about aftermarket mods and not talk about the cars at hand (ricerish if I do say so myself), so going off of the arguement you layed out for me lets say a terminator swapped to a 14 PSI pulley and got a tune (good for around 75-80RWHP if properly dyno tuned).... now for the same money said person B can get a LS2 GTO and give it a hearty cam and still run right next to it all motor... IDK your grasping at aftermarket support is sort of funny, both cars are great cars and I love terminators, I adore them even more than the GT500 due to the fact the GT500 is a tank and is actually more work making it go fast than the terminator.... but stock eaton on the pint sized heat exchanger combined with your mindset equals one wrecked car

also the LS2 motor can hold up to around 550-600RWWHP given the proper cooling mods (meth, heat exchanger, etc, etc)

unless you have any other fanboy nugget of inspiration you would like to try to cough up?

you act like I'm some GM punk that doesn't know anything, when in actuality this 21 year young kid probably knows more than you and is far more mature about it.

both cars are very equal and deserve respect... but because you own a terminator you feel the need to shake your balls around like you have something to prove, the person in me is ammused... but the psycologist in me tells me you are threatened ;-)

But lets be honest here... as good as the 03-04 cobra's are (and they are great cars), for straight line performance, you've got much better options out there now (namely the GT500, new camero if it ever comes out, and the challenger).

^^^ and you might be onto something lol

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=51&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

^^^

mods on terminator

- pulley swap + tune
- drag radials
- CAI

mods on family sedan

- drag radials

sad but true, in actuality ford AND GM is getting passed in performance becuase we are keeping our heads down fighting for the puck on our own soil.... then germany comes in and hip checks us all to the ground... IMO the fight isn't between ANY american company if you want to bitch at a make

dodge, GM, and ford people should start bickering where it counts

Yeah, I didn't even think to mention offerings from our friends on the other side of the pond... M3/M5 both very potent cars these days, a few cars rolling off the floors from Mercedes and just about anything with an AMG badge on it.

Hell I read just the other day hyundi is bringing out a coupe with somewhere in the range of 320-350 HP... cheap-a$$ HYUNDI... and what's more... it's supposed to lay waste to a mustang GT on account of it being much more lean where the newer stangs are a bit of a porker.

(btw, is that how you spell hyundi??? I'm thinking I'm wrong)

Yeah, they advertized that Korean crap that starts with an H during the superbowl. My buddy checked out the website during the game and guess what, the engine is a 4.6L V8. It looks an awful lot like a Ford 4.6L. Those Koreans can't design anything themselves. They always copy Americans stuff.

Stock to stock on a 6.0L goat, I think the match up is pretty good. But lets be honest here... as good as the 03-04 cobra's are (and they are great cars), for straight line performance, you've got much better options out there now (namely the GT500, new camero if it ever comes out, and the challenger).

Hell, I bet once they start putting those direct injection twin turbo V6 powerplants (EcoBoost right?) into cars, that 03-04 cobra might be disgraced by a factory 6-banger with nothing more than some tuning.

Sad but true... Oh well, I'm still buying an 03-04 cobra convertable within the next year or so!!

The Challenger weighs OVER 4,000 lbs.!!!!!!, the Shelby weighs over 3,900 lbs., and the Camaro is an unknown. Those aren't much better options. A stock Terminator coupe weighs 3,650 lbs. My '04 did 428 rwhp on a Dynojet with just JBA mufflers and a FIPK.

your ford fanboyism is showing

I was chosen to moderate a "mustang" site for a reason... I know my sh!t and I am not for either side... I love all cars equally, imports, domestics, ford, GM... and sometimes dodge (cough cough)

with this being said I probably know the inside and out of the said 4.6L DOHC modular engine before you could even make a gesture to talk about it, and with that being said you probably think you could take a terminator and push 750PSI through it because the shortblock is forged... on the contrary, a stock terminator can only push around 14PSI coming from stock due to heatsoak on the stock eaton... any more than that and you are asking for something to let go...

and your arguement makes no sense either... like all ford fanboys you talk about aftermarket mods and not talk about the cars at hand (ricerish if I do say so myself), so going off of the arguement you layed out for me lets say a terminator swapped to a 14 PSI pulley and got a tune (good for around 75-80RWHP if properly dyno tuned).... now for the same money said person B can get a LS2 GTO and give it a hearty cam and still run right next to it all motor... IDK your grasping at aftermarket support is sort of funny, both cars are great cars and I love terminators, I adore them even more than the GT500 due to the fact the GT500 is a tank and is actually more work making it go fast than the terminator.... but stock eaton on the pint sized heat exchanger combined with your mindset equals one wrecked car

also the LS2 motor can hold up to around 550-600RWWHP given the proper cooling mods (meth, heat exchanger, etc, etc)

unless you have any other fanboy nugget of inspiration you would like to try to cough up?

you act like I'm some GM punk that doesn't know anything, when in actuality this 21 year young kid probably knows more than you and is far more mature about it.

both cars are very equal and deserve respect... but because you own a terminator you feel the need to shake your balls around like you have something to prove, the person in me is ammused... but the psycologist in me tells me you are threatened ;-)

I'm sure that we are all real impressed by your knowledge and maturity.

Members online

No members online now.
Back